Morimoto Mini D2S Projector Retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by otto07 View Post
    You mean the trim piece that I blackhoused?

And is it fine if I blockhouse the shrouds as well?
    You can blackhouse the shrouds.
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

i failed quite a bit on trim piece. I cut it when the buckets were adjusted fully out. So I had to cut the top and the bottom. and the cuts are way bigger then necessary.

Comment

Be sure to paint the trim really good and make sure th cutouts are nice and rounded even if they are on the big side. Only you will know.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

yea they are on the huge side lol. im trying to match both top and bottom side cuts perfectly so they look like they were meant to be there.

Hope it works out.

Comment

pics of the blackhoused shrouds when finished.
            MadLab Racing
            Southern Maryland

Comment

will do.

and how far forward do you guys think the Reflector will sit when adjusted correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by otto07 View Post
                will do.

and how far forward do you guys think the Reflector will sit when adjusted correctly?
                hope u could get some idea over here.
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=156897&page=9
                -My Member Ride thread-
                -JL store-

Comment

a little late for that method Jack. I already cut my trim peaces on both sides and everything.

If i had another set of trim peaces that would help a lot tho =(.

The cut i made on top of the trim piece is wayyy too big. I am going to hope that the bottom cuts are big enough when adjusted.

Comment

question idk if anyone ask you yet but perhaps i get a smaller shroud do i still have to shave the shroud down?

Comment

Originally posted by real_mckoy View Post
                      question idk if anyone ask you yet but perhaps i get a smaller shroud do i still have to shave the shroud down?
                      Depends how small, but you will probably have to because of the design of the light.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                        Depends how small, but you will probably have to because of the design of the light.
                        ook say no more jus wanted to double verify ...i got the concept now..and was wondering...personally what do u prefer the oven method or a heat gun.

Comment

i like the heat gun method but you have to be careful with it. The oven is probably a easier process tho.

Edit:

here are the black shrouds with black reflectors. The shrouds still need like 2 more coats because not all the groves got fully filled.

Last edited by otto07; 02-05-2012, 03:59 AM.

Comment

I wanna see these inside the headlight.
                            looks good man! looks good.
                            MadLab Racing
                            Southern Maryland

Comment

i will snap a few pics tomorrow of them inside once i re spray the housing black and the trim.

Comment

Originally posted by real_mckoy View Post
                                ook say no more jus wanted to double verify ...i got the concept now..and was wondering...personally what do u prefer the oven method or a heat gun.
                                Oven method all the way. Its easier, and more uniform in opening up the light. I tried the heat gun way with a pair of s2k lights, I was there for 45 minutes per light. NEVER doing that again.

Oven is 11 minutes and a pair of gloves.
                                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                                X