Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gxz View Post
    Right, i only needed to bleed the line cuz it wasnt starting, so i figured since i drained the tank, that the bad gas was still in the fuel line, so i loosened the bolt on top of the banjo bolt, turned the key on a bunch of times to let the old gas squirt out , then tightened it and it started

After reading all the things youve done, i thinks its definately the coil, or a fuse in the fuse box ( theres one under the hood, and one next to the brake pedal)

the Dizzy's rotor turns when I try to start the car, wouldn't that mean that the fuses are fine ?! ... I checked the ECU 10 AMPS fuse and it seems Okay .. haven't checked the one near the brake pedal ..... most probably it's the coil as u said.

note: do you have page 16-71 ?
    Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-23-2012, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Wether your distributor spins or not has nothing to do with the fuses, the distributor is physically connected to the end of the camshaft.

If you have a bad fuse , that could explain why youre not getting spark.

When i went to autozone to have my icm tested, they had a big book with the resistance values for the coil, i bet if you took your coil in , they could test it.

Where do you live? I would like to help in person if we lived near each other

I looked and i dont have that page sorry
      Last edited by GXZ; 05-23-2012, 06:17 AM.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Additionally, it makes me feel good to call someone a cunt if they don't say "thank you".

So no matter what, I win. Selfish reasons.

Comment

Wether your distributor spins or not has nothing to do with the fuses, the distributor is physically connected to the end of the camshaft.

If you have a bad fuse , that could explain why youre not getting spark.

When i went to autozone to have my icm tested, they had a big book with the resistance values for the coil, i bet if you took your coil in , they could test it.

Where do you live? I would like to help in person if we lived near each other

I looked and i don't have that page sorry
        Looks like you have the same guide I have .. well no where I live we don't have autozone. Do you know which fuse might be burned ?! what's its number but I highly doubt it. it's better for me to do the test first and post my result .... I will revert to a car electrician as a last resort, however I would like to do the test myself, because where I live electricians are naughty ,,, they fix something and they screw something else and their work or let's say car handling isn't very professional

Comment

well call all the auto parts stores you can find and ask them if they can test a coil, or just get a multimeter ( borrow )

i dont have a specific fuse in mind, just check them all

you probly have this page, but here it is anyway

and by the way, where do you live?
          Last edited by GXZ; 05-23-2012, 04:13 PM.
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Additionally, it makes me feel good to call someone a cunt if they don't say "thank you".

So no matter what, I win. Selfish reasons.

Comment

Did you pull the plug wire off while it was running? If so then that could have damaged either the coil or ignition control module. I suggest you find a helms or honda service manual and check the coil and ICM with a multimeter , i am actually going to take my ICM ( also called igniter) to autozone tomorrow , i called and they said they can check it. Another option is search all my posts by my username to see the problems ive been dealing with

If you are familiar with downloading torrents, you can find the shop manual for the 90 - 93 accord, but just know that 90 and 91s have internal coil, and 92 and 93s have an external coil, but i think both have internal ICM. if you remove the ICM (to have it tested) push VERY hard on the philips screwdriver to avoid rounding out the screws

In the manual i used to test my coil, it said if the plug wire resistance is more than 25000 ohms, that they need to be replaced
            Best answer right there this guy knows what he is talking about ignore the rest they just wasting time with their lack of automotivve knowledge.

He is correct, pulling the wire out while the car is running can cause current to arc back into the coil an burn the secondary windings. I've seen this problem quiet a few times. Replace coil or dizzy, test it first using the info from the op.

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
            4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
            yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
            1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
            1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Working...
            X