2007 Accord suspension ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 Accord suspension ideas

My wifes car is a 2007 Accord EX has 90,000 miles. I drove it all last week the car could use struts and maybe springs. It's not unsafe to drive BUT.... 90,000 miles as a car guy why go back stock??
    I am looking to buy Koni yellow sport series and use the stock springs or maybe Eibach pro kit. A long time member at CB7 tuner suggested H&R OE sport springs. I was also looking at coil overs, either Form and Function 1 or Tein basic.
    My working budget is $800.00 and the question is Would you buy struts and springs OR coil overs and your reasons.
    If anyone has other ideas or products please feel free to speak up.
    Thanks for your time and Be Well.

Old dog 61

full coilovers or nothing.
    COUPE K24

Comment

If its a stock car, your wife drives it as a DD to go to the grocery store, gym, park, mall, etc. then I'd suggest going with no more than a spring/shock combo.

Something like the Eibach Pro-Kit and maybe a Koni STR.T would be more than adequate. That shock is perfect for lowering springs and Eibach makes high quality springs, I've got their Ground Control Coilover setup on mine.

Another shock that is good, that I'd recommend, are the ones I'm using now. KYB AGXs. I've got over 96k miles on my set(installed Aug 05') and all the damping settings still work perfectly (8 levels in rear, 4 in front), and I'm lowered about 2.5-3". Not to mention my car being an AZ car its entire life seeing 115+ degree temps in the summer.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I had not thought about the Koni STR.T struts but that would be a good choice, I know there many choices of coil-overs some good and some better. It would be nice to have coil-overs, I found some F&F 1 for $599.00 and Tein for $700.00. I'm not sure what other brands members here have had good results with. I found Koni yellows for $502.00 on line, so for $97.00 more I could have F&F1. Not sure it would be worth the extra cash out put

I have a 92EX myself also running KYB AGX's but with Eibach pro-kit springs. I am very happy with this for my daily driver, they have been on for about 2 years.

Comment

I just got these for my 07 Accord V6 sedan. I have 96k on it and I figured its time for a change. I absolutely can't wait to put them on. They're Form & Function Type One.
          I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
          Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          My coupe!!!
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
          Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Nice when are you going to install the coil-overs? I looked at your car in the other thread It's even the same color only ours is a 4 Cyl. sometimes I wish we had bought the 6 Cyl instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog 61 View Post
              Nice when are you going to install the coil-overs? I looked at your car in the other thread It's even the same color only ours is a 4 Cyl. sometimes I wish we had bought the 6 Cyl instead.

I will be installing the coilovers nex week. Im geeked!!! Cant wait. I have never done lowering springs , so full coilovers is my thing. I say, look around a bit. But def go coilovers. Eff them springs.
              I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
              Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              My coupe!!!
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
              Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

I'm biased towards Type 2s. That way you can adjust dampening to fit you AND your wife's tastes.

Then after that maybe some HIDs and fogs if you don't already, then a nice exhaust from Megan.
                '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Working...
                X