Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 LX 6x9 rear?

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy 4 speakers for my 93 lx. I know the fronts and rear are 6.5. I bought the 6x9 pod [from a JY] and I want to put 6x9 in the rear. From what I read the maximum depth should be 2", but all the 6x9 i see are like 3". I took a 6x9 from my sister's car to test and the speaker is too big to fit, it hits the metal bars going across. What can I do to make them fit. I'm really trying to avoid having to bend that metal bar

oh and the speakers i'm going to get are 6.5 Kicker Component for the front and Kicker 6x9 on the rear. Yea i'm a kicker fan. I have a ZR650.4 [currently using it to power the sub only -- will be for the inside speakers] and a Kicker SoloBaric S12L5. Going to be buying a ZR600.2 [and bridging it for the sub only]

Thanks
    Member's Page:: Coming Soon

Originally posted by bishpuppy View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm looking to buy 4 speakers for my 93 lx. I know the fronts and rear are 6.5. I bought the 6x9 pod [from a JY] and I want to put 6x9 in the rear. From what I read the maximum depth should be 2", but all the 6x9 i see are like 3". I took a 6x9 from my sister's car to test and the speaker is too big to fit, it hits the metal bars going across. What can I do to make them fit. I'm really trying to avoid having to bend that metal bar

oh and the speakers i'm going to get are 6.5 Kicker Component for the front and Kicker 6x9 on the rear. Yea i'm a kicker fan. I have a ZR650.4 [currently using it to power the sub only -- will be for the inside speakers] and a Kicker SoloBaric S12L5. Going to be buying a ZR600.2 [and bridging it for the sub only]

Thanks
    yea i had the same problem when trying to put some aftermarket speakers on the 6x9 but then I got some nice pioneers and they fit without a problem and the sound was great!!! if you bent the bars then your trunk will not close right

Links to my rides :
    1992 Accord EX*
    1990 Accord EX
    1991 Accord SE (4th)
    1991 Accord SE (3rd)
    1991 Accord SE (2ND)
    1991 Accord SE

Comment

I haven't touched it yet. I want kicker all teh way around, so i guess i'll stick to my 6.5 rear oh well

Comment

Cut the rod, You can trim the end of the trunk spring about an inch and it will give you enough clearance without affecting anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
          Cut the rod, You can trim the end of the trunk spring about an inch and it will give you enough clearance without affecting anything.
          x2 a little cutting won't hurt them

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
            any picture of how it should look?

Comment

Yeah...I remember this problem fondly My JL 6x9s came with a plastic piece that was meant to go on top of the speaker and it came with it's own cover as well. What I did was put the plastic bracket under the 6x9 and then it fit perfectly and the factory covers still fit just fine. After saying this I realize it probably isn't very helpful...but perhaps you can find a bracket or fab one up yourself
              4 Doors FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bishpuppy View Post
                any picture of how it should look?
                Do you really need a picture?

Look at the part where the speaker hit, Cut that. Or grind it down. You can take off 1/2" or a little more and cause no problems.

Comment

yes!

I am glad i found this thread so i don't have to start one! i am also trying to do the same set up as this! i love kickers! but i have a 92 ex mine already came with the 6x9s in the rear i still have to trim or cut this bar because of the magnet?

also what kind of kicker speakers should i get for my door and rear? any new kind out?
                  www.myspace.com/spayellowaccord This is mine!
                  www.myspace.com/autorevolution This is our car club!
                  1. 1992 Spa Yellow Accord EX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                  2. 1992 Grey Honda Accord DX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                  3. 1992 ? Honda integra Xsi DA6 im so jdm i sleep on my right side.
                  4. 1993 Black Honda Civic Hatchback. love my EH

Comment

i used a spacer that goes between the lip of the speaker and the pod to make mine fit.

Comment

means?

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
                      i used a spacer that goes between the lip of the speaker and the pod to make mine fit.
                      what do you mean by a spacer bro? like what kind of spacer?

Comment

it was like a metal composite type spacer thingy. to be honest my friend got had them lying around. idk what they are for. they look like they were for speaker pods or something of that nature. no idea what youd call them. speaker spacers if thats what they are.

edit: like these (http://www.autotoys.com/x/home.php?cat=1067). except the ones he had were metal. maybe aluminum.
                        Last edited by GenDBlade; 12-21-2009, 03:50 AM.

Comment

or these
                          http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=1782

Comment

I too cut the end of the trunk spring/bars to clear the huge magnet from the 6x9.

Remember a dremel / rotary tool is a tuners bestfriend!

Comment

before i quote on you guys i want to say this to all members we are agreeing on that we should put 6x9s in the rear before 6.5s right? i think thats the other pod right?

Originally posted by GenDBlade View Post
                              ok so it like raises the speaker up in the pod? correct?

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                              I too cut the end of the trunk spring/bars to clear the huge magnet from the 6x9.

Remember a dremel / rotary tool is a tuners bestfriend!
                              haha! very true someone broke into our shop not to long ago and it was in my damn tool box. o and by the way clean ass cb!
                              Last edited by chicago; 12-22-2009, 03:34 AM. Reason: IM DUMB!

Comment

Working...
                              X