Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wire tuck and shaving my motor bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You seriously have pink door hinges? I'm not digging at you, just seems....odd.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
      The way the passsenger wiring boot is sliced and wires routed upward is a runway for water. Always route wires downward first and then loop back upward to prevent filling the car with water.
      You mean right here?

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

its different than all of you guys and i like them. thought i would try it and see but you cant really see them when the door is open unless you know there pink or if the fender is off. but it was really i just wanted something to do while my boyfriend and his buddy were painting my car in the booth so they told me to do the door hinges so i did pink. i was board it just gave me something to do at the time. my boyfriend was wanting to paint all the door jams pink and trunk jam to but i like my white jams.

Comment

Yea the pick accents are nice its a very nice looking car with all the little attentions to details from what i can see on here.

Ill keep you posted about the Pre-Meets. Join on NWAccord forum and you can see all the latest for the meets And get your post count up so you can post in the NW section on here too

8 Accords so far:
          '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
          '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
          (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

He is putting in work. I dig the fusebox location too. Most just hide it under the dash, but yours still remains easily accessible. Can't wait to see it finished.
            We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
            Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

Originally posted by dbales View Post
              He is putting in work. I dig the fusebox location too. Most just hide it under the dash, but yours still remains easily accessible. Can't wait to see it finished.
              x2 but hopefully trunk doesnt leak at all ...but looking good

Comment

those that recommend any type of vynil tape, have never really done plenty of wire tucks, the vynil streches and contracts a lot with temperature, and once a single drop of water/oil touches the glue, it starts to unravel, and that glue becomes tar, sucky shit when trying to fix a fuck up or adding wires

i recommend "3m friction tape" and nothing else

to move the fusebox to the trunk, simply go to the JY and remove a fusebox, and cut as far as you can from the JY car

when i add wires i ALWAYS use the same wire for the addition, i have 3 boxes full of honda wiring, so its a matter of finding the wire
                this way, i dont have a blue wire going into a yellow and finishing in a green
                the task aint dificult at all if you trust yourself around wiring, but its a lot of cutting splicing and sodering

good luck
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Me & wires dont get along lol i will have my good friend do mine when i swap . but so far so good sir

Comment

well heres what you guys have all probably ben waiting for so here are the pics hope you like this was my boyfriend first time doing an motor bay shave i think it looks really good what you guys think

Comment

He is doing very good work
                      I think a metallic pink would have popped a bit more but who cares what i think it looks so clean

Comment

i dont see every much shaving...
                        COUPE K24

Comment

im keeping my abs and power steering so the holes that are left im using

Comment

While I think we see eye to eye on good quality tape, I have used friction tape before and never really seen it hold that well. How is your experience with it?

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
                            those that recommend any type of vynil tape, have never really done plenty of wire tucks, the vynil streches and contracts a lot with temperature, and once a single drop of water/oil touches the glue, it starts to unravel, and that glue becomes tar, sucky shit when trying to fix a fuck up or adding wires

i recommend "3m friction tape" and nothing else

to move the fusebox to the trunk, simply go to the JY and remove a fusebox, and cut as far as you can from the JY car

when i add wires i ALWAYS use the same wire for the addition, i have 3 boxes full of honda wiring, so its a matter of finding the wire
                            this way, i dont have a blue wire going into a yellow and finishing in a green
                            the task aint dificult at all if you trust yourself around wiring, but its a lot of cutting splicing and sodering

good luck
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

could have smoothed both frame rails, filled in the gaps around the mount brackets, filled in the 2 big holes near the core support, shaved the core support, cleaned up firewall etc.
                              COUPE K24

Comment

For the love of everything holy please tell me y'all are going to clean up the crossmember and repaint it?

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Working...
                                X