Best ECU for JDM H22A in 1991 Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best ECU for JDM H22A in 1991 Accord?

Hey, I am wondering if I should junk the P13 and get a p28 Ecu. What differences would I notice.
    Also, does anyone have a clue as to what a loud clap sound when you rev hig into vtec when driving the car hard means. It happens when I release the clutch when I am beating the shit out of the car.
    If anyone has any clue as to what that noise may be related to, let me know as well.
    Thanks.

Hondamatt

That loud pop can mean that your anywhere from running rich to running lean. Do you still run your stock cat or resonator or do you have custom piping without them both . Because that can be just unburnt fuel because the p13 ecu's generally run rich for dummies or so honda says to have made that a safety measure because our h22's generally love fuel. Or you could just need a tuneup check your sparkplugs,wires and plugs. BTW what ocatne gas do you use?

Comment

I 'm not sure what else to tune up on the car. I cleaned the IAB valve last weekend, spark plugs seem fine, just carbon dirty. I'm not sure how to clean the EGR Valve. Timing belt looks great, and is tight(I thought that maybe there was slack in it, or the tensioner broke).
      Ah, other than that, I clean the intake regularly, there is a relatively new dist.cap and button. Wires seem fine.
      Exhaust wise, I have the factory JDM Header, downpipe, O2 sensor in downpipe, and a custom 2.5" exhaust complete with a performance resonator.
      I have the P13 Ecu, with the 4 wires ran for Vtec.
      I know that most H22A's are ran using a chipped P28, but people want foolish amounts of money for those, so unless someone can give me one for 50 bones, I am sticking with the P13, since I really don't know what major difference I would see in the positive performance of my car If I changed over.

I appreciate your response man, and if you have any other tips, That would be great.
      Matt
      Hondamatt

Comment

OH, and I only run premium Gas in the car. DAmn knock sensor makes it known when I cheap out.
        Hondamatt

Comment

when your runnin no cat usually you perform a loud backfire

Comment

Nah, the car rummbles like a V8, its awesome. It never backfires, just that loud clapping sound has only recently started, only when I drive her like a race car, like she is.
            Hondamatt

Comment

Check the plugs again and use the method I have listed here. You can gather a lot from inspecting the plugs in detail. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=31462

Comment

So is it a pop? Where is the sound coming from? My car makes a loud clap/pop sound as well but its because my exhaust dumps right before the cat.
                Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                  ....... my exhaust dumps right before the cat.
                  Why? What kind of engine do you have? Is it a drag car or daily driver?

Comment

Originally posted by NoSloCB7
                    Why? What kind of engine do you have? Is it a drag car or daily driver?
                    My everyday driven cb7 drag car.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
                      My everyday driven cb7 drag car.
                      And what is the reason you are running an open exhaust that dumps out of the downpipe?

Comment

Originally posted by NoSloCB7
                        And what is the reason you are running an open exhaust that dumps out of the downpipe?
                        Cause the flex pipe ripped apart during a race one day. I was going to get it fixed but I've got more power now and better gas milage. besides my h22 swap starts at the end of this month. It would be pointless to get it fixed now just to pull it all off to replace it with something else.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Yo, I have Denso Iridium plugs in the car. there is only about 10000kms on them.
                          I pulled them out the other day, and they were a tad black, equally on each one.
                          Hondamatt

Comment

Working...
                          X