HIDs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIDs question

Anyone have any pics of their hid setups? Where did you get your hids from? how much roughly? Im looking to buy some and was thinking of a purplish color.. i think that's 12000k, but i cannot decide. Your input helps

?? wasn't this posted earlier today?

Comment

12k is purple a friend of mine use to have them in his civic, but he got rid of them after driving home in the fog one night and he couldn't see shit. He had to turn off his headlights and drive home.

Comment

hidplanet.com
        Find out.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

yea i heard the light output is very shity at that number

Comment

i believe 4300k is optimal. the higher you go, the more the light will scatter. itll look pretty but defeat the purpose of having lights. i wouldnt go any higher than 6000k.

from what ive read, the reason certain cars look blue is cause of the lens, not the bulb.

Comment

HID v

In projector housing
              um the kit was like $170 i think with a great warrenty, 2day shipping from Hongkong. The picture doesnt do them justice. Great upgrade. VVVVVV
              I cant Slam further. The ground refuses to get any lower.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                from what ive read, the reason certain cars look blue is cause of the lens, not the bulb.
                Definately true, the colours we see in the factory HID's out there are not due to the bulb color, as most are 4300K, it is due to the edge off the cutoff shield within the projector. Definately 12000K will give bad light output, it may look cool though head on. I've got 8000K in the factory headlights. Way better than before, but I think I wanna still change to something lower like 4300-6000K.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

Working...
                X