No announcement yet.

Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curve is a neat idea but I don't think it's going to do very well.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
      Curve is a neat idea but I don't think it's going to do very well.
      My thoughts exactly.

Comment

The bayos have some kind of special coating on them sometimes. My sks one is gold.

aimsurplus has 7.62x54r for 225 shipped for 880 rounds.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Now we're getting somewhere. This was the second round of rusting.
          Last edited by bassrock234; 11-20-2014, 07:23 AM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Looks the same? I was expecting rust and blue.

Comment

It's getting darker and darker each time. But it's more black than blue, which is okay with me.

Any light spots is just a shine. It pretty even now but it's pretty glossy so it's hard to get a good pic showing the color.

I think it's hard to tell on such a small piece as well. Wait until I get to the receiver, then you'll really be able to see the difference
              Last edited by bassrock234; 11-23-2014, 04:11 AM.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

This actually looks pretty fun! I think my .303 would be a good candidate for this.

Comment

I guess I don't understand the process. I thought we were going for a rust look.

Comment

nah, I dig the bfpu look, but not for this rifle.

This is 5 cycles now sitting with oil on it. It's the best picture of the color I can get. It's very similar to the finish on the barrel of my mossberg 410, just darker.

Last edited by bassrock234; 11-24-2014, 12:59 AM.

Comment

So it rusts and then it blue's? Mind boggling I can't comprehend.

Comment

Yup, once you boil it the rust turns blue/black

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                        This actually looks pretty fun! I think my .303 would be a good candidate for this.

That's almost exactly how I'm doing it. I'm not using a cabinet, just letting it sit outside in the garage. I've been letting it sit close to 24 hours before boiling so it's taking way longer than he does in that video. I'm only boiling for maybe 10 minutes each time.
                        Last edited by bassrock234; 11-24-2014, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                          Yup, once you boil it the rust turns blue/black

That's almost exactly how I'm doing it. I'm not using a cabinet, just letting it sit outside in the garage. I've been letting it sit close to 24 hours before boiling so it's taking way longer than he does in that video. I'm only boiling for maybe 10 minutes each time.
                          I'm anxious to see how it turns out. Like I said, my .303 would be the perfect candidate for this.

Comment

I put the front end together for a preview. Still waiting on my friend to bring me a turkey pot for the receiver.

Comment

Still getting my MRT's and DIY's lined out as for pics. Along with my pics in this thread. Still kinda pissed about that.

Anyways, here's a Stevens 20 gauge and a Springfield 12 gauge I haven't showed you guys yet. Both are really old and need to be cleaned and checked. Haven't fired either in 15 years or better.

Comment

Here are the other pics that were on here before. I don't feel like finding them in this thread.

Savage .308, Ishapore, Ithaca M66 Super Single, Savage .22LR, Remington 870.

As said before, I will take pics of other firearms I have and post them up as time goes on.

Taurus PT111 9mm

Colt Defender .38

1943 Enfield .303

Comment

Working...
                                X