h22 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 swap

I started a h22a swap i got it from a buddy who had it in his cd5. what bracket do i use for the motor side mount? He had a prelude one that didnt exactly line up and i tried to bolt up my bracket from my cb7 but its a little different.

try it again. swapping a f22 for a h22 u use all the original motor mounts out of your accord. if your using a prelude tranny you will have to do some minor moving of the studs on the tranny its self

Comment

Yes, you do use all of the Accord mounts, but he's asking about the bracket itself. The bracket you want is the bracket from a '92-'96 Prelude with a DOHC engine. So basically any driver's side mount bracket from a 4th generation Prelude unless it was an S with the F22A1. If that's what you have, then something else is off. Why don't you post detailed pictures of the bracket so we can see what you have.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah I got the tranny side done. I found the diy guide to drill and tap the holes for the mounts. But I would take pictures bUT my engines at my buddis shop who's letting me work on it there and I'm stuck atm. But i have a 93 LX stock f22b and the brackets seem the same like they should line up but it's off. I read somewhere were people where just dremel the hole that's off to get the bolt in but it seems kinda sketchy to me to do that.

Comment

No 1993 Honda Accord came with an F22B. Help us out here. You either have a 1994 or you don't have an F22B.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

F22a motor, sorry got confused

Comment

In post #4 you say they look like they're the same, and in your first post you say that they're different. As soon as you have pictures up, we can figure out what you have and get you on the right track.

Comment

This is my stock bracket from my F22a

Apparently I was wrong the brbracket I do have from.the previous owner is a prelude bracket that's what he used for the cd5 mount in his car so should a cd5 mount/ lude mount work in the cb7 engine bay?

Comment

http://imgur.com/zfXLBKt
                  http://imgur.com/hB0JBEB

Picture on imgur the picture icon I used didn't really work for me.

Comment

I'm thinking you have a bracket that came from OBD2 engine based on the description.
                    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

The bracket that came off my motor is a F22a 1 that's the one that doesn't fit the prelude bracket I have does fit but the lude mount doesnt line up to my mount holes or fit

Comment

In the picture I'm holding up the F22a1 bracket to it

Comment

What year Prelude was the engine from?
                          Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

You gotta use the stock 5speed bracket for the back motor mount unless you got a abs with a nonabs mount bracket

Comment

It's a h22a Idk year came out of my buddies cd5 but I found the right bracket. I went to the junk yard and found a 93 prelude with a h23a1 and the bracket fit my mount and my stock cb7 mount.

Comment

Working...
                              X