what can be removed from engine bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what can be removed from engine bay?

I wanted to post this in the beginner section, but cant? Anyway, like the title says, what can be removed from engine bay? Obviously, CC, A/C, PS, things like that. But what about the intake noise thing? (forget the actually name for it) its down next to the battery. I'm just curious as to what i can do to clean up the bay a little bit, and for an eventual wire tuck. Or, if this has a dedicated thread if someone could throw up a link that would be great!!!
    For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Sure, you can remove the resonator (the intake noise thing next to the battery). It will reduce weight by 4 pounds (I weighed mine when I took it out). Just make sure you plug the vacuum line.

Comment

Originally posted by wagon-r View Post
      Sure, you can remove the resonator (the intake noise thing next to the battery). It will reduce weight by 4 pounds (I weighed mine when I took it out). Just make sure you plug the vacuum line.
      doesnt cause any engine management issues does it?
      For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Nope it's just there to muffle engine noise. You will hear the woosh the intake makes when you accelerate however.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

you can remove the whole intake and just install a little velocity stack if you really want to go crazy. There's radiator tucks and brake booster deletes for the serious game players.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The "black box" on the firewall can be deleted and the MAF sensor ran to a vacuum port. The fuel filter and lines can be replaced with cleaner AN lines and filter. Power steering can be removed and the rack looped/modified. FITV and fast idle can be deleted. A/C can be deleted. The alternator can be relocated to where the A/C compressor bolts. The windshield squirter reservoir can be deleted or modified to have less of a profile. The battery can be relocated. The fusebox can be relocated. The brake lines can be tucked

I've done/am doing all of that plus some to my car.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
              The "black box" on the firewall can be deleted and the MAF sensor ran to a vacuum port. The fuel filter and lines can be replaced with cleaner AN lines and filter. Power steering can be removed and the rack looped/modified. FITV and fast idle can be deleted. A/C can be deleted. The alternator can be relocated to where the A/C compressor bolts. The windshield squirter reservoir can be deleted or modified to have less of a profile. The battery can be relocated. The fusebox can be relocated. The brake lines can be tucked

I've done/am doing all of that plus some to my car.
              explain more about the MAP sensor run to a vacuum port?

thanks, BTW, all this should clean the bay up some.

Comment

Originally posted by 802cb7 View Post
                explain more about the MAP sensor run to a vacuum port?

thanks, BTW, all this should clean the bay up some.
                Take a vacuum hose connected to the throttle body and literally move the sensor out of the way. Preferably secured somewhere solid.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I believe the engine itself can also be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by emosun View Post
                    I believe the engine itself can also be removed.
                    ^^^^^ lmao. Flintstone that thing! bahahaha

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Working...
                    X