Widest tire reccomended for 14" steelie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widest tire reccomended for 14" steelie

So as it says above my accord is rolling on the factory steelies. There cheap n no one messes with them . And i drive kinda rough. And am cheap.

Ive been searching and read that 225 is possible. im on stock susp. plan to drop no more than a inch in the future. i dd this car dnt really worry bout racing around corners. i just wanna plant the power better.

what would u guys reccomend since this car is driven daily and does not just go in a stright line? I ask because they say 225 hangs over the edge a lot.

Im sticking with stock steelies because rubbers for them are cheap n cbus has nasty pot holes that u cant see in the rain.
    My System
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

seems any tires for the 14" will have massive sidewalls 65-75 series, when you start looking for 50 series esp 225 the tires are very expensive. even 195/50/14s are pricey. So unless youre keeping the granny look youre not going to find anything performance wise for the 14" cheaply. id look around for some 15" steelies if you can then you can get 195-205/50/15 for 80 bucks a tire from cooper/nexxen or what have you.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
      seems any tires for the 14" will have massive sidewalls 65-75 series, when you start looking for 50 series esp 225 the tires are very expensive. even 195/50/14s are pricey. So unless youre keeping the granny look youre not going to find anything performance wise for the 14" cheaply. id look around for some 15" steelies if you can then you can get 195-205/50/15 for 80 bucks a tire from cooper/nexxen or what have you.
      Thanks dude. that is what i needed to know. I assumed smaller the rim. cheaper the tire lol.
      My System

Comment

Originally posted by tgdrums1990 View Post
        Thanks dude. that is what i needed to know. I assumed smaller the rim. cheaper the tire lol.
        YW, It is that way but youll have hella steep sidewalls if youre going cheap, think stock. Just try googling sizes like 195/50/14 etc and you might find yourself something in your budget that goes along with what you want. Whats weird though is I put stock size 14" (like 195/70R14) coopers on the GF's car and those cost more then the 195/50/15 coopers I put on mine

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
          YW, It is that way but youll have hella steep sidewalls if youre going cheap, think stock. Just try googling sizes like 195/50/14 etc and you might find yourself something in your budget that goes along with what you want. Whats weird though is I put stock size 14" (like 195/70R14) coopers on the GF's car and those cost more then the 195/50/15 coopers I put on mine
          lol tiss weird, I did have a set of the alum alloys but one rim had a slight bend in it, and the other got bent on a pot hole, they were curbed a lil before I got them, and i was looking for a cheap rim, and steelies are so abundant, I was like why not.
          My System

Comment

lol tiss weird, I did have a set of the alum alloys but one rim had a slight bend in it, and the other got bent on a pot hole, they were curbed a lil before I got them, and i was looking for a cheap rim, and steelies are so abundant, I was like why not.
            The 15" steelies Im using are from some nissan got 4 off CL for 20 bones plus hub rings since the bores a couple millimeters bigger

Comment

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

You say you dont really worry about racing around corners, then made the comment about it doesn't just go in a straight line, lol. So im not to sure what you wanna do with the car.
              From what i can find, the above is a great tire, and at 111 i believe is a fair price. Ill be running the same tire, but in a 185/60/14.
              1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
              1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
              Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

So as it says above my accord is rolling on the factory steelies. There cheap n no one messes with them . And i drive kinda rough. And am cheap.
                Ive been searching and read that 225 is possible. im on stock susp. plan to drop no more than a inch in the future. i dd this car dnt really worry bout racing around corners. i just wanna plant the power better.

what would u guys reccomend since this car is driven daily and does not just go in a stright line? I ask because they say 225 hangs over the edge a lot.

Im sticking with stock steelies because rubbers for them are cheap n cbus has nasty pot holes that u cant see in the rain.
                Your a cheap ass..... and you want to plant the power better?

Reliable
                Cheap
                Performance

Now pick 2 cause thats all your gonna get.

Id buy stock cheap ass tires and save your money for driving school so you dont kill someone. Then modify your car some.

Comment

Working...
                X