Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

vemon 400??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all i did was clean tha FITV and bled the cooling system since i just replaced the radiator.

Comment

yea mi FITV is messed up. it like only does it when my car is warmed up and when i put my finger over the bottom hole in the TB which is for the FITV top hole for IACV it is sucking which when it is warm it is not supposed to be sucking in air. and when i put both my fingers over both holes it is either supposed to almost die and die and it doesnt which means i have a vacuum leak which is being caused my FITV.

Comment

nothing wrong with buying canadian

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

If you live in Canada.

If you live in the US, and you buy a cheap engine from a shady dealer (like osakaJDMmotors) and you get garbage... you have no recourse. To sue a Canadian company as a US citizen would cost WAY more than the cost of the engine!

It's not Canada that's the problem... it's shady international sales. The shady dealers just happen to BE in Canada!

Comment

Glad we clarified.

There are shady dealers all over the world.

Suing anyone would more than likely cost more than that of a motor.

Doesnt matter where you live, do your research and your less likely to get burned.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
            "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
            "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

The shady dealers in Canada use their international location to prey on US buyers, though. I never hear of anyone getting a bad motor in Canada from a Canadian dealer. They KNOW that the only consequences they have to answer to are angry forum posts... and companies like osakaJDMmotors are still around... have been for YEARS... still selling busted motors... even with hundreds of people warning against it. Why? Dirt cheap prices. People want something for nothing, and they don't properly weigh the risk.

But yes, do your research. I did. I got a bad vibe from Osaka, and went with hondamotorsonline... and my engine is STILL in decent shape (and I've put it through some serious abuse)

It's nothing against Canada itself... It's just that it's easy to import to Canada, easy to export from Canada, and people in the US generally see Canada as being "just like us"... Most people would trust a Canadian seller before they'd trust a Mexican seller, just because Mexico is much more "foreign" to most Americans.

Comment

Just a heads up...

I purchased my Recars seat sliders on June 1st from www.jdmultimate.com. The name on the billing was jazzproparts. I only got one slider from them out of the two I ordered, they never communicate with their buyers, and they are a total rip off!!!

Please don't buy from them...You will probably regret it. Very poor customer service!

I'm still waiting for my other seat slider, or a refund, but I'm not holding my breath for either one...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

thx wherm ill keep that in mind. ohh dude yeah very nice car looks badass man, very good work.

let me ask yall something would this be worth buying???
                  http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...%26+Drivetrain

Comment

Is your car automatic?

Comment

yes sir

Comment

Ok, just making sure.

I honestly don't know anyone that uses anything like that... then again, not many serious tuners here are automatic. Our automatic transmissions don't hold much power... not because they're not made well, but because they haven't been maintained properly. The fluid should be changed every 15,000 miles, with genuine Honda fluid... and many of the autos on here are probably running the ORIGINAL fluid! Those that had it changed are probably running generic ATF, which isn't good.

I would say to look into some more traditional parts before going for anything like that. Upgrade your airflow, get some headwork done, maybe even upgrade to a transmission with shorter gear ratios (H22, for example)

Comment

ok thx deevergote, umm what cam could i get that will work with my f22a1?
                          would the f22a6 cam be good? ohh yeah i have tryed to look for some roller rockers but i couldnt find any do they not make any for my f22a1?

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. Do you come from domestics? It certainly sounds like it!

The F22A6 cam, ECU, exhaust and intake manifolds will get you about 15hp.

You can also get some great cams from www.bisimoto.com
                            In fact, if you're serious about performance, Bisimoto is the place to shop. At the moment, they're running a special on their headers... $1300 normally, $629 now if we can get 50 people in on the group buy (you're going to see me pushing this like crazy!)

Bisi is currently making well over 400hp with his naturally aspirated F22A. He's a professional drag racer and engineer, so he knows what he's doing! And he's an expert on the F22A...

Comment

naw.

get like this cam??
                              http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?...products_id=84

and these springs?
                              http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?...products_id=82

Comment

Very good choices.

Having some porting and polishing done to the head (or getting a spare head to do it to... F22A heads are very cheap) would also be a good idea.

That cam, with the proper valve springs that you linked to, plus the bisimoto header, a good port and polish, a larger throttle body and ported intake manifold, a 2.5" exhaust system, and a proper ECU tune will make for a VERY fun car. You'll be eating guys with h22 swaps with that setup... easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X