INT: Control your antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INT: Control your antenna

OK, I dont really got any pictures, but it is all pretty easy...

Some newer Head Units are wired so that your antenna only goes up when you have the unit turned on and listening to the radio. My unit does not have this feature, so what I did was got some extra wire and wired in a switch to my "power antenna" wire on the wire harness. I then drilled a hole and mounted the switch where I felt was the best location (in the center console by the cup holder).

Now I can controll my antenna and keep it down when I am listening to my CD's

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Good job.
    Anyway.. Alpine head unit controls the power antenna automatically.
    1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
    2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
    3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
    4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
    5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

here is diy someone made a while back

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=16143

Aftermath of crash.

Comment

i thought all headunits bring up the antenna hmmmm im wondering if u didnt have it hooked up right my

sony
        alpine
        pioneer
        panosonic
        kenwood
        aiwa
        clarion
        all had this option i cant see a HU not having this option

(\__/)
        (O.o )
        (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Originally posted by thewoahna
          ... Some newer Head Units are wired so that your antenna only goes up when you have the unit turned on and listening to the radio.
          He's right --- not ALL head units make the antenna go up/down when JUST the radio plays. For example my old Alpine sends 12v through the blue wire (antenna wire) whenever it's on.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

mostly all headunits have an extra wire that is the amp turn on wire, that you can just hook up to the antenna.

if it is only on with the radio and not wiht the cd, all u have to do is jump that line to the accesory wire.

it just depends on wiring, not the deck itself.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

This can be useful if you ever want to replace the oem antenna with a non motorized one, especially when the motorized antenna stops working.

Comment

Working...
              X