Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20a...need To Swap...what Engine???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got lucky lastnyt... the mekanic called me and they said there a bit of a problem with the f22... so took the opportunity to replace it with f23... i wont do anything to the f23... and rather spend the cash to build the h22... i slept very well lastnyt....lol...

thanks guys for the moral support....lol..

keep you posted once the f23 is installed...:

Comment

I wonder what they know about swapping an F23A into an OBD1 car. If they run into any issues, refer them to this site. A few people on here have already done it.

The key thing is to try to use your engine wiring harness. This will allow you to plug the engine harness right back into the plugs on the shock towers when you're ready to reinstall. This method is not a completely straightforward affair, though. The most difficult part will be the distributor.

If at all possible, you want to get an internal coil distributor from a SOHC F22A. The F20A DOHC distributor does not integrate a camshaft positioning sensor as it has it bolted separately to the intake camshaft. An internal coil F22A distributor would let your harness plug right into it and it would bolt directly to the head.

There is a crankshaft angle sensor on the oil pump that everyone always wants to plug in. They see a plug without a home and they freak out. It's fine. If you get the distributor listed above, it's not needed.

The fuel injectors will be problematic also. If you're using the F20A ECU you have two options. Either use the F20A injectors and shim the rail to get them to fit, or, clip the connectors from the F23A harness to use the F23A injectors onto your engine. You'll have to solder the new connectors on in place of the old ones. If you do this method, you'll have to remove the silver resistor box on the left shock tower. Just unplug it and plug this in its place.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produc...sistor_bypass/

You'll also need to clip the plug for the IAT off of the F23A harness and swap it onto the F20A harness. Last, you'll want to get an IACV adapter to allow your 2-wire IACV to be used on the F23A manifold that usually only supports 3-wire IACVs. Like this one:

https://www.roskoracing.com/cgi-bin/...on&key=200-011

I'll think about it and see if I can think of anything else. Just don't let these people botch this job because you're in a hurry. You'll appreciate a job done right when you go to put another engine in it later.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

they already did a lot of swaps but not sure if they already did something same as mine...the mechanic told me that he already wired up my injectors... then he will splice the vtec switch onto the dizzy... dont have any idea what they are doing...but i told them i will check here on cb7 on how to do it correctly..

does your instructions above requires replacing the ecu too?

some members told me that i need to replace my ecu with p0a..assuming that i did replace the ecu will i still need to do what you mentiond above??
        thanks..

Comment

The P0A is the closest thing you'll get to the correct ECU. It's not right, but it works well enough. You can't use your current ECU. It won't support VTEC, and running a 2.3L engine on an ECU intended for a 2.0L engine might result in damage. That's a fairly large difference.

Comment

i told them to look for a p0a ecu...if i already have the p0a ecu, still i will follow what jarrett mentioned above?

does p0a ecu requires swapping of pins on the harness??
            Last edited by r. masajo; 06-16-2014, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Yes, you'll swap pins A6 and A11 on the harness where the "A" connector plugs into the ECU.

VTEC will be need to be wired up as well but that's not really application specific. If they know anything about swapping Honda engines, this should be easy.

Everything else still applies regardless of the ECU choice.

Also, use your F20A EGR valve because it will plug right into the harness.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

F23 finally running

First up i would like to thank you guys who helped me on this swap specially jarrett and deeve who contributed a lot..

jarrett the f23 that i got don't have an egr valve, i wasn't able to use my TB and intake mani also, i used an F22b dizzy and wired it up color to color, i'm using P0a ecu and wired up the VTSS but it does come with VPS. got two sensors on the TB that looks like a TPS i hooked up the harness to the TPS which is behind the TB but nthe sensor on top of TB (which i don't know what it is) is not connected. used my stock fuel rail and fabricated a holder to hold it in place.

i wasnt able to do you suggested on wiring up the injectors( i'll figure it out later)

but guess what she runs now...

i'll replace my Spark plugs this weekend,, what do you recommend? i'm gonna use castrol GTX 10W30, is it ok? any recommendations?

only thing that is bugging me is everytime i ran on a pot hole she seems like being choked but only for a second..(power loss in a second)

am going to search for a thread on the timing issues not pretty sure if what i did is correct..

thats all.. again thanks guys....
                Last edited by r. masajo; 06-22-2014, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X