Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

highbeam switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

highbeam switch

i checked the search and didn't really come up with anything relevant maybe i was just typing the wrong thing....Is there a way to wore the High beams only to a toggle switch. so i can have high beams on without the lows. purely aesthetic purpose. i want to keep the original function of highs and lows but be able to turn on the highs with a flip of a switch. thanks

uhhhh wtf. This makes no sense at all.

Daytime Running Lights maybe?

Comment

Yes lol basically daytime highbeams. Lol

Comment

I dont understand why you want full intensity high beams for looks.

This whole idea boggles my mind.

Comment

Yellow highs. Everyone has there own personal style and preferences

Comment

Originally posted by lowcb7 View Post
            Yellow highs. Everyone has there own personal style and preferences
            I repeat as a previous poster. WHY do you want full intensity high beams as your DRL's??? Factory DRL's usually run at 30% power or so. Full power hig beam DRL's is just plain dangerous......

Comment

Originally posted by FatManChunk View Post
              I repeat as a previous poster. WHY do you want full intensity high beams as your DRL's??? Factory DRL's usually run at 30% power or so. Full power hig beam DRL's is just plain dangerous......
              if high beams blind you during the day, then you're more blind than I am. Dangerous? I doubt it. Pointless, by all means, sure.
              92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
              2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
              2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

The sole purpose is still for looking cool, which is always insane as to how it trumps functionality.

OP, just get a Q-beam spotlight and keep it in the passenger seat. When you pass people on the road just reach over to grab it, aim it at them and pull the trigger. That should do the trick.

Personal style? Please.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

if you want just your high beams on during the day then just turn on your headlights and turn on the high beams! the low beam shuts off when the high beams are on....
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                    if you want just your high beams on during the day then just turn on your headlights and turn on the high beams! the low beam shuts off when the high beams are on....
                    nuuh! lows stay on with highs! Remember when we did your installation? the highs were on with the HIDs which were in the low beam?
                    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                      nuuh! lows stay on with highs! Remember when we did your installation? the highs were on with the HIDs which were in the low beam?
                      due to the relay!
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

My lows are on when the highs are on. I just checked due to factory harness!
                        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

take off your low beams ,, my hids got stolen and ive been running on high beams since valentines day and no cop has come up to me about it even thoe i see 3 or 4 when goin and comin from school ,, stock low beams suck
                          10th Anniversary Accord.
                          05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                            take off your low beams ,, my hids got stolen and ive been running on high beams since valentines day and no cop has come up to me about it even thoe i see 3 or 4 when goin and comin from school ,, stock low beams suck
                            Drivers like you seriously piss me off. I'll be the one blasting my horn as you blind me.

To the OP: Have you considered retrofitting a CDM daytime running light (DRL) relay? This way, you won't be blinding anyone.
                            *Edit: Never mind - already covered by Mike.
                            Last edited by Nurega; 05-04-2012, 03:47 PM.
                            Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                            2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                            2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
                              if high beams blind you during the day, then you're more blind than I am. Dangerous? I doubt it. Pointless, by all means, sure.
                              Me personally has a hard time driving during the day time because just the sun glinting of someones wind sheild literally hurts my eyes... So IMHO, full intensity high beams during the daytime is dangerous and benine.

I personally, if going this route, would build a small harness that provided 30-40% power to headlights when the car was in the ON position but still retain functionality of the high beam. Easiest way to do this would be a relay off a keyed ON wire, then a resister to limit current/voltage to the high beam along with a diode to prevent the full 12v from the factory harness back feeding into the relay. Simple and done.

Comment

Working...
                              X