Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 ACCORD F22A to F22B swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 ACCORD F22A to F22B swap

I am new here but I do have some experience with hondas.
    I have a f22a in my accord.It is wearing out and I am thinking of an engine swap. Would the f22b require me to do re-wiring or would everthing plug in?
    Could you give me a suggestion on a good easy swap as this is my daily driver.
    I would like more power so I am unsure if it would be more cost effective to swap or rebuild.

you talking about f22b1 single overhead cam v-tec or jdm f22b dohc
    My Members Ride Thread

Comment

I am not sure . Could the dohc be done pretty easy?

Comment

Originally posted by 91Hondanut
        I am not sure . Could the dohc be done pretty easy?
        Find out. then come back to us. The DOHC is drop in and you need ECU.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

The DOHC is the one to get. It's a Japanese engine, so you might have to take emissions into consideration... if that's an issue where you live.

The F22B1 SOHC VTEC engine is a piece of crap. For the 5hp you gain for that swap, it's not worth it... plus, that would require some more wiring. You'd be better off just rebuilding your F22A!

Comment

Thanks for the replys.Again I am new to this so please be patient with my lack of knowledge about swaps.
            In looking at the F22b DOHC , So I would need the ecu and the F22bDOHC. Does the ecu just plug in to my harness? Do all the sensors and connection interchange between the F22a and the F22bDOHC?
            If there is some where to read about this particular swap ,I have not found it.
            Last edited by 91Hondanut; 06-04-2007, 08:09 PM.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=f22b

That's one thread that will help a bit.

Comment

OK that helps some. I am not planning to use the F22a internals on the F22b.I am considering swapping the F22b into my 91 Accord. So my question is, Will the harness (plug ins) all plug in ,mounts,cables, etc all hook up. I have not ever tried this type of thing before so I am not knowledgeable about any of this. If I could find info like a step by step or there is posted info like this I would be glad to read it.

Comment

Here is a pretty informative thread.

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...highlight=f22b
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Hey thanks for the thread. That really made up my minid to do the swap. Sounds like what I was looking for. Plug in and go + the work in the swap but I will enjoy that part.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      The DOHC is the one to get. It's a Japanese engine, so you might have to take emissions into consideration... if that's an issue where you live.

The F22B1 SOHC VTEC engine is a piece of crap. For the 5hp you gain for that swap, it's not worth it... plus, that would require some more wiring. You'd be better off just rebuilding your F22A!
                      x2
                      SiRĪMez

Comment

Working...
                      X