Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22, should i go turbo or just stick with n/a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With an H22a an a damn good tuner you can have a 230-250whp thats easily streetable. Alot that use sk2 pro 1 cams, rep rmf header, 3inch exhaust, sk2 intake manifold are in that range with 150-160ish tq. The worlds fastest stock block H even uses a modified factory H22 intake manifold.

Still beyond that it gets stupid pricey and boost is just a cheaper more efficient way and can be reliable if maintained. My buddy evan had a stock ITR in his hatch 3 years boosted made 412whp tuned by howard at rlz the tune was the key hands down, he beat on it but he was very meticulous with maintenance. He has around 10-12k in parts sitting in the engine bay good stuff all name brand.

I like nitrous myself basically a power adder that is similar to N/A power. Just as safe or as harmful as anything else.
    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 04-08-2013, 10:22 PM.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

250whp would be pushing the limits. I don't know that I'd enjoy driving that...

Comment

Traction limits maybe, but as far as upgrades i've seen a handful setups like that which is mild.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

I just mean driveability. Hell, my nearly-stock CTS-V is almost too much of a pain to drive daily (it's 400hp... but it's set up for that.)

A high-revving N/A H22 would be a dog down low, and it would require the RPMs to be absurdly high during normal driving. I suppose custom gearing could make that better suited to the street... but I sure as hell wouldn't want it. Not for a daily driver.

Though 2point6 did drive his 250whp H22 CB7 daily... But Scott ain't right in the head! ( and I know he always finds the threads I mention him in! )

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I just mean driveability. Hell, my nearly-stock CTS-V is almost too much of a pain to drive daily (it's 400hp... but it's set up for that.)

A high-revving N/A H22 would be a dog down low, and it would require the RPMs to be absurdly high during normal driving. I suppose custom gearing could make that better suited to the street... but I sure as hell wouldn't want it. Not for a daily driver.

Though 2point6 did drive his 250whp H22 CB7 daily... But Scott ain't right in the head! ( and I know he always finds the threads I mention him in! )
            oh well now im scrapping the high reving h22. i just love the sound of rev limiter
            visit vgruk

Comment

Any performance will come at a price and have it's faults.

02 Crv

Comment

Very true. It's just important to keep priorities straight. "because racecar" sucks when it's a street car!

Comment

i thinks thats my problem. is 250whp from an h22 a tire smoking with the rev limiter hitting in 3 gear kind of power?

what im saying is: is 250whp some serious street power or is it just a minor upgrade from a stock H22?
                  visit vgruk

Comment

Sucks when it's you're DD i agree, it'd be kinda dumb to not have a back up. I've learned this many moons ago to keep my DD's mild.

Speaking of N/A ryan a fella i know had a b23V made 275whp at rlz said cost was around 15k. Now hes got done with a new build 87mmX98mm and 17.5.1 b series i to love a N/A but jesus shits costly when playing the power game.

02 Crv

Comment

N/A is ALWAYS costly when it comes to big power. I believe HondaFan81 put over 10 grand into is "white" project, and I estimate he'd be making about 250whp (I don't think he has it running well enough yet to get it dyno tuned... though I'm not sure... he got busy with work and family and such... he'll finish it someday!)

You can make more usable power with turbo than you can N/A when you're going big. 250whp turbo is "mild". 250whp N/A on our little engines is pushing the limits of tolerable streetability.

Comment

Working...
                      X