Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soft brake pedal after Caliper Install (MC upgrade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soft brake pedal after Caliper Install (MC upgrade)

Peace! Just graduated from the Beginner technical performance thread!

holla!

As the title suggests I just finished a 4piston upgrade in the front with SS lines all around. rear discs as well. As it stands the pedal is still pretty soft. The braking power is there but I think I am getting the soft feel because a lot more fluid is being pushed to this front calipers. Would this be correct?

> I want to upgrade the MC what are my options?
    > Is the MC in the EX (I have the EX) the same as the MC in the ABS prelude?
    > if it is the same in the EX what are my other oem upgrade options that retain ABS
    > Can I run a wilwood tandem MC and an adjustable proportioning valve? Would doing so be compatible with abs?

This is the willwood MC
    https://m.summitracing.com/parts/wil...FdmLswodI0MMCA

The Accord (abs) 1" master cylinder and the Prelude 1" master cylinder are common and share a part number. You could alter the feel and travel of the system by going to the 7/8" master cylinder, which would move less fluid and require higher pedal effort. But this could be a simple rebleed of the system, you might have air trapped in the system or the abs pump could be causing the soft pedal feel.
    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
      The Accord (abs) 1" master cylinder and the Prelude 1" master cylinder are common and share a part number. You could alter the feel and travel of the system by going to the 7/8" master cylinder, which would move less fluid and require higher pedal effort. But this could be a simple rebleed of the system, you might have air trapped in the system or the abs pump could be causing the soft pedal feel.
      I Had the system vacuum bled. So I'm sure there is no air in the lines. That's what I thought (that the MC between the EX an Prelude is the same). I think I will need a custom MC system. If anything I want to go to an MC that will move more fluid, with the same stroke or less.

Comment

Bump,

Any OEM Upgrade for a master cylinder other than prelude.

Comment

Working...
        X