Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 EX 2DR / Seat Belt Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 EX 2DR / Seat Belt Issue

Drivers door Seat Belt activates once the car is warm. Thats been like that for a while.

Passenger door was working perfectly then just decided not to work anymore.

I have gone over all my fuses, all check out good. I am still trying to understand this seat belt electrical wiring and swiches on the door and the frame.

Before I start literaly taking my drivers side door apart. How do I properly troublshoot this issue

Ill like to have this perfectly working.

Show me the path...
    Thank You...

I don't have a 9091 myself but I know that if your door open sensors are broken it will mess up this whole system. Check your dash to see if it sees a door open when you open each door.

Comment

And before you take it apart, take it to the dealer. Honda is supposed to repair them for life since they rely on sensors and electronics to keep you safe.

If they're staying forward, there is a spot on each side of the rear seat bottom that you can use to crank them all the way back. Just disconnect the computer under the passenger seat, pop the access cover off the rear side panels (you'll probably have to push the seat bottom to get to it) and, if you still have the factory tool pouch (with the jack handle, lug wrench and a plastic knob that you have no idea what it goes to), get the plastic knob out, pop it in the access spot and start turning it. You'll be able to bring the belts all the way to the rear position eventually. That way you'll at least have seat belts until you can get it repaired. If you don't have that knob (I would guess most of them have vanished over the years) I think it's a socket, but I don't know what size. (I still have the knob )

Comment

OK understood, THANKS ill get on the phone Monday with the dealer.

Comment

Working...
        X