Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

knocking clicking sound from underneath driver side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knocking clicking sound from underneath driver side

1. Replaced rotors and bearings
    2. Replaced upper ball joints and upper control arms
    3. Replaced sway bar bushings
    3. Replaced outer tie rod
    4. Axle and lower ball joints were replaced by previous owner
    5. KYB struts were installed by previous owner, I have installed the OEM springs coz Dropzones were too low for my taste.

The knocking sound has been going on for about a year. Actually, sometimes it doesn't necessarily have to hit a bump to make the noise, and I realize during the cold weather it makes a louder noise. Upper ball joints, control arm, and outer tie rod (which includes alignment) was the most recent upgrades. I have taken this car to 2 shops and the gave me the same runaround. I lifted the car and check for any play on the wheels, they were very tight and no play at all. Do you think the Honda dealer will identify this probelm?. Thanks for watching and any inputs is highly appreciated

I fixed your video for you.

If you were still lowered, I would think that perhaps the knocking was due to the upper control arms hitting the fenderwell (this happens on lowered cars that have had their camber set to 0 degrees.) However, with OEM springs, that is ruled out, most likely.

1) make sure those shocks aren't blown. KYB doesn't make anything that would be compatible with Dropzone springs or coilovers. The spring rate is too high, and the drop is too severe. They may be blown, or close to blown. At least you got rid of the Dropzones. That company is awful. Their crappy products nearly killed me when the broke.

2) Check all other suspension bushings. Particularly the sway bar bushings, strut tophat bushings, etc...

3) Make sure the radius rods are securely bolted down, and that the bushings in the front crossmember are secure.

4) When you replaced the springs, did you notice if there were any bumpstops installed? No bumpstops would result in the shocks bottoming out (which would pretty much ensure that they're blown by now.)

5) Be SURE that the axles and ball joints are still in good condition, and installed correctly. It's possible to put things back together without pushing an axle all the way into the transmission. This will make plenty of clunking, clicking, knocking, whathaveyou. A regular clicking sound is USUALLY an axle. Since the previous owner did the work, you only have his word to go on... he may not have done it correctly. Always be wary of work done by others, ESPECIALLY amateurs. Often, that's where the problem lies.

Other than that, check into things such as your engine mounts, underhood components, etc... Make sure everything is bolted down. It's entirely possible that your engine, or something in the engine bay, is clunking around. Broken motor mounts could cause any number of problems that could seem suspension related.

Comment

Thanks for fixing the video. Man, that's a lot of checking to do, but I'm gonna start ASAP. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X