Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Lowering springs.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was my thought exactly.
    I still have to reach out to bilstein to get the official word.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Maybe you will have better luck than me Mike, when I had bought the Tein springs I tried contacting everybody but the only ones that took the time to respond were KYB and Koni. I can personally vouch for Tein customer service as they went out of the way to answer every question I had including contacting R&D to provide me with better information.
      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Tein is a great company. Their products are so-so, but I do admire the way they do business. They have a page on their site that shows how to identify knockoff parts. I think that's cool.

Comment

Tein is a great company. Their products are so-so, but I do admire the way they do business. They have a page on their site that shows how to identify knockoff parts. I think that's cool.
          Beyond the tools they have listed to identify counterfeit products they will go as far as checking the numbers to identify them based on their records on said products they put out. As I stated earlier some companies will not even bother to respond a question from a potential customer, little things like this is what gains or pushes customers away as I can assume that if a company will not take the time to answer a question I cannot rely on them to stand behind their products in case of a failure. I am not selling anything or pushing any product just stating my opinion.
          [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I did some Googling of the Bilstein part #s, and 99% of the results are from UK or European sites. They aren't cheap either.....$175-$210 a corner after currency conversion. Not including shipping, etc.

A found a few places that appeared to be US based that had the part numbers available, but no telling if they actually had any in stock, or could still even get them. Plus, I couldn't find all the 3 needed part numbers available from one place.

Comment

^ Being a parts guy, I can tell you that more often than not (I'd say close to 75% of the time) Bilsteins will either be drop shipped from one of like two warehouses or have to be special ordered from the Germany or UK (depending on the part). Even most dealers, if you have one close, don't stock that many.

Just like a set of Konis I needed, not a single set is available in the US, so they're coming from Germany. The wait sucks, but I'd rather have something good and wait than something crappy and have it tomorrow.

THmotorsports often has the best chance of having all part numbers... however they too are going to just ship from the manufacturer (if they don't straight up cancel the order ).

For anyone interested, Bilstein numbers.
              Front Right: 24-017220
              Front Left: 24-017213
              Rear: 24-017237

Just for sh*ts and giggles, I have a set of TEINs, Skunk2, and H&R springs that I'm going to see if I can't have rated to see exactly what their spring rates are. Wish I could get my hands on a few others to test too and see how they stack up.
              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

I wouldn't expect those skunk2 springs to be consistent across the brand. Tein and h&r should be though.

Comment

I wouldn't expect those skunk2 springs to be consistent across the brand. Tein and h&r should be though.
                  I actually have two sets of the Skunk2, so yeah it'll be interesting to see if they are even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    THmotorsports often has the best chance of having all part numbers... however they too are going to just ship from the manufacturer (if they don't straight up cancel the order ).
                    Got my clutch ordered canceled from them...I thought I had a steal of deal. Then I get an email saying they didn't have it or something. Re-checked the site and the price was updated...ughh.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who gets their orders canceled from them.
                      Three different orders and only one was ever shipped.

Comment

Working...
                      X