Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Loving my fuel gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving my fuel gauge

So today driving on an almost empty tank, my fuel light came on. Once traffic let up, for some reason the light went off and my needle was slightly above empty. Is the reasoning just the fuel moving around in the tank?

Originally posted by blind_peach View Post
    So today driving on an almost empty tank, my fuel light came on. Once traffic let up, for some reason the light went off and my needle was slightly above empty. Is the reasoning just the fuel moving around in the tank?
    it could be the fuel level sender getting wonky or possibly the gauge cluster itself.

Comment

Where would the fuel sender be located?

Comment

Where would the fuel sender be located?
        On the top of the fuel tank. There is an access panel for it under the carpet in the truck right against the back seat.

Comment

Yes. I've owned... 7? Cb7's over the past... 11 years now and experienced it with all of them. RX7, 300zx, Talon, F250, B3000, 190E, Colorado, etc and so forth. You get the point. Everything does this if you watch the needle at the right times.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            Yes. I've owned... 7? Cb7's over the past... 11 years now and experienced it with all of them. RX7, 300zx, Talon, F250, B3000, 190E, Colorado, etc and so forth. You get the point. Everything does this if you watch the needle at the right times.
            Yeah, I remember reading a post about it before but I was a bit skeptical. When traffic cleared up I noticed that I happened to be going up hill and I went from driving at 15 mph to 70 mph. As long as I'm not empty, I'll be fine

Comment

Years ago in a 91ex I was on about 1/8 tank. Stopped and got out (left it running) to look at a flooded road in ahead of me (flash flooding). With the nose of the car pointed down it ran all the fuel toward the front of the tank, kicked the fuel light on and the gauge went to empty. As I was backing up it started to sputter on me. Just sharing a similar experience I had.

Comment

The pump is cooled by the fuel in the tank, so letting it get that low is never a good idea. Especially if you live in an area where rust is common.

Comment

Years ago in a 91ex I was on about 1/8 tank. Stopped and got out (left it running) to look at a flooded road in ahead of me (flash flooding). With the nose of the car pointed down it ran all the fuel toward the front of the tank, kicked the fuel light on and the gauge went to empty. As I was backing up it started to sputter on me. Just sharing a similar experience I had.
                  and as I learned if you are getting sputtering when the tank isn't on E then your filter may be bunched up on the side or installed incorrectly.
                  Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  The pump is cooled by the fuel in the tank, so letting it get that low is never a good idea. Especially if you live in an area where rust is common.
                  This. Changing fuel pumps sucks on these cars.

Comment

https://youtu.be/i04_FME2cRI
                    Watch from 1:53
                    My Collection:
                    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
                    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
                    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
                      and as I learned if you are getting sputtering when the tank isn't on E then your filter may be bunched up on the side or installed incorrectly.

This. Changing fuel pumps sucks on these cars.

Maybe you should read more carefully before hitting the reply button.

Comment

Maybe you should read more carefully before hitting the reply button.
                        I understand your situation was due to how the car was angled, I was pointing out a common occurrence that I had that related to sputtering.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunta View Post
                          I understand your situation was due to how the car was angled, I was pointing out a common occurrence that I had that related to sputtering.
                          In that case I apologize for my being short.

And, I will say I've never experienced the issue you speak of with the filter however I can verify that I've heard reliable sources say the same.

Comment

All the Accords I've owned indicate a higher level in the tank when the front of the car is raised above the rear; conversely, they have all read lower when the rear is higher than the front. Extended smooth acceleration (highway on ramp) can cause the same shifting of the fuel in the tank toward the rear (as having the nose higher).
                            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                            X