Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

TreadStone Performance FMIC kit???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TreadStone Performance FMIC kit???

Hey guys, i recently called treadstone performance to find out if the FMIC kit listed as the "93-97 accord" fit our cb's or if that was a typo on their part and if it was really meant for the CD Chasis. To no surprise their kit is designed for the CD chasis and not the CB so i was dissapointed. I was wondering if any of you have had personal experience with the kit and have made it fit a CB with Zero to almost no modifications. I'm looking for a Quality FMIC kit and The Treadstone kit appealed to me but I'm open to good suggestions. (no china-bay crap please) the pipes are going to see over 20 psi and i cant have couplers blowing off mid pull. thanks.

I bought the F22 kit. I think if you do F or H kit you need to modify it a bit but also depends on your setup.

- I ditched the 1.75" reducer section
    - On the drivers side corner i added a piece to extend it lower

I'd say this is the best kit you can buy for plug and play capability.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      I bought the F22 kit. I think if you do F or H kit you need to modify it a bit but also depends on your setup.

- I ditched the 1.75" reducer section
      - On the drivers side corner i added a piece to extend it lower

I'd say this is the best kit you can buy for plug and play capability.
      Hey thanks for the response! Waa there any trimming of the bumper needed to fit the intercooler? (I dont really mind trimming some material to get it to fit) and also, where do the pipes cross into the engine bay? Do you nees to relocate your battery? Do you need to open up your windshield washer filler neck hole? (Mine is deleted). And lastly, do you have any photos you dont mind sharing? I'm really interested since you mentioned its almost a direct plug n play. My set up is a dsm f22a turbo set up on a hybrid 16g/20g.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonaccord View Post
        Hey thanks for the response! Waa there any trimming of the bumper needed to fit the intercooler? (I dont really mind trimming some material to get it to fit) and also, where do the pipes cross into the engine bay? Do you nees to relocate your battery? Do you need to open up your windshield washer filler neck hole? (Mine is deleted). And lastly, do you have any photos you dont mind sharing? I'm really interested since you mentioned its almost a direct plug n play. My set up is a dsm f22a turbo set up on a hybrid 16g/20g.
        haha ok, i take back the plug and play.

- yes, you have to trim your bumper to make the intercooler fit
        - windshield washer reservoir , gone, no room
        - fogs, gone no room
        - cut holes in engine compartment to run piping = yes
        - move battery, yep

Now... some people routed the piping a different way than i did which allows them to keep the reservoir and not cut holes where i did. But this all depends on if you have a top mount or bottom mount exhaust manifold and what turbo you are using and angles, fitment, etc. You really do have to "make it work" no matter what route you take.

Some will bring the piping in below the high beam of each headlight, but this depends on your setup.

The piece I had to add to make this work. And you can see the hole others will use to route piping. Too sharp of angles i thought.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Raf99! Looks great! I'm not a fan of having to remove the bumper support. Did you have to remove yours for it to fit? Oh and i personally hate fogs so i don't have them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbonaccord View Post
            Thanks for sharing Raf99! Looks great! I'm not a fan of having to remove the bumper support. Did you have to remove yours for it to fit? Oh and i personally hate fogs so i don't have them lol.
            No problem, I think I just mounted it to the bottom of the fiberglass bumper support on the inside and had to cut out flimsy plastic pieces. Drilled holes to secure the unit. This also depends on what size intercooler you go with. Those who went with a larger unit had to cut the bumper support out of the bumper.

Comment

Working...
            X