Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cut Radio Wiring Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut Radio Wiring Harness

'Sup guys. I just bought a '91 Honda Accord EX but last night i got the stock stereo stolen. IDK who the hell steals a stock stereo but i guess desperate times call for desperate measures... Now I have a cut radio wiring harness and I want to install a new deck, speakers, amp, and subs. I got a radio wiring diagram but I'm stuck on how to wire the amp to the deck with the wires... Anybody have the same dilemma or have an answer on how to wire it? It'd be great if I could get some feedback by today so i can install it tomorrow. I wish I had pics to show but i dont have a camera.

Thanks Guys.

I would go to the junk yard and get another harness. Cut enough wire that you have room to work with. Then just wire it up. Are you going to be running your door and rear shelf speakers off an amp, or the head unit?

Comment

just gonna use the deck. thing is the nearest junkyard is 3 and a half hours away...

Comment

In that case, you don't need the actual car harness, just the wires. Extend the wires so you have room to work with, and splice them into the stereo harness.

Comment

Wow, that sucks. Yeah, just extend the wires in the cut harness and have a volt meter.

Comment

If you were to run your speakers off an amplifier you wouldn't need to use the factory speaker wires. that's 8 wires out of your way. Only factory wires my stereo uses is one to the antenna, one for power.
            Last edited by Sarthos; 02-26-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcjc11 View Post
              'Sup guys. I just bought a '91 Honda Accord EX but last night i got the stock stereo stolen. IDK who the hell steals a stock stereo but i guess desperate times call for desperate measures... Now I have a cut radio wiring harness and I want to install a new deck, speakers, amp, and subs. I got a radio wiring diagram but I'm stuck on how to wire the amp to the deck with the wires... Anybody have the same dilemma or have an answer on how to wire it? It'd be great if I could get some feedback by today so i can install it tomorrow. I wish I had pics to show but i dont have a camera.

Thanks Guys.
              the same thing happend to me!
              what i did was went to a audio shop and had them wire my sterio harness to my cut wires in my cb7 they had it done withen an hour. all i had to do was plug the harness to my sterio

MY RIDE thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157293

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2492975

all and more than you need, scroll to the last post (#13)
                ____

Comment

Working...
                X