Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

hid bulb is out dont know the brand are they universal? help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those are DDM, or will be compatible with DDM ballasts.

I have DDM's in my Integra, and they are the exact same plugs and wires as in your picture.

Go buy a new pair of bulbs on their site for $15.

Problem solved by Mikey, quickly and easily, with no bitching about upgrade to this, do that. DDMtuning.com > 4500k 9006 replacement bulbs > add to cart > checkout.
    Last edited by crazymikey; 11-26-2012, 01:37 AM.

Comment

those h.i.ds blubs look like the 9004 - 9006 h.i.d blubs on ebay .... . they about 13$ bucks

Comment

Just get some projectors from theretrofitsource.com they are like 180 for the kit
        and if you take your time you'll get something like this and it only took me an unexperienced retro fitter about 7 hours with no dremel (which would have helped )

Angry eyes sold/made separately
        Last edited by ambientwater; 11-30-2012, 12:06 PM.
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Calling your USDM Accord "JDM" is like calling President Obama "African".

Comment

very nice! are those your low beams?

Comment

Could you do this with the cheapie ebay projectors!?!?!

Instead of tearing up OEM/JDM lamps, just remove the projectors from the ebay housings and install quality ones!?!?!?!
            CURIOUS

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

Instead of tearing up OEM/JDM lamps, just remove the projectors from the ebay housings and install quality ones!?!?!?!
              CURIOUS
              if you did that where would you get the quality projectors from?

Comment

Originally posted by brianbelch View Post
                if you did that where would you get the quality projectors from?
                Theretrofitsource.com

They just sell the projectors, not housings....

and hid kits of course....

I don't own a cb, but if I was going to do this id imagine it would be a little easier on already assemebed projectors...

just swapping out the actual projectors for quality ones....

and id assume if its true, then if I wanted to do this for any other car, I could and still retain my OEM lights if I wanted to swap back etc.

Comment

i see what you mean but i wonder if a cheap housing will hold up with hids cuz of the high heat they put off. thats just what some one a few posts above was saying

Comment

Originally posted by brianbelch View Post
                    i see what you mean but i wonder if a cheap housing will hold up with hids cuz of the high heat they put off. thats just what some one a few posts above was saying
                    HIDS don't give off that much heat.

I remember hearing that it's a misconception that they are hot.

I believe halogens run hotter, but HIDS use more surge power when starting.

In any case I have never noticed my lamps being hot when running HIDS for extended periods....

I don't think they give off enough heat in any case to do any real damage.

Fading cheap paint or plastic maybe, but not catostrophic fires lol(notwitstanding bad wiring of course)

Comment

Damn hid's, iam looking into retrofitting 9011 and 9012 bulbs for 9005 and 9006. Lot more light, no ballast

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                        Damn hid's, iam looking into retrofitting 9011 and 9012 bulbs for 9005 and 9006. Lot more light, no ballast
                        I modified a set of Phillips 9012 bulbs and they were a bit of a let down. They are pretty bright and put out a good usable light (not blue) but I don't feel like they are any better than a good 9006. I have PIIA 9006's in my other accord and they are just as bright and look a little more white in color - visibility is the same

Looks like I am going to be budgeting in some projectors after all, as visibility is pretty high on my priority list.

Comment

like others said, it would be best to buy the bulb in pair, to make sure they output the same color, one place's 6000k might not be the same color as another place's 6000k.

Comment

so glad thretrofitsource.com has already been mentioned in here, can't say enough good things about them. if you're seriously considering doing a retrofit, stop that and just do it! you won't regret it, esp since you have HIDs.

you can also piece together a kit thru ebay or off classifieds from a bunch a forums and possibly get em cheaper, but id say just go thru RTS. they test all their stuff to make sure their working perfectly and the dudes there are really good about answering their emails.

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post

CURIOUS
                            i'm sure it can be done, can't say from experience tho, since ive never taken them apart. with a lil know how, anything can be done haha

Comment

Working...
                            X