CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 12-04-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
91SOHC
Newcomer

91SOHC is cool... so far.
Looking for a camshaft

Looking for a "Bullfrog" camshaft, but I can't find one anywhere. Anyone have the speccs of one, or just knows a camshaft that will make my car idle with a little more rumble? Not wanting to make it a supercar or nothing ridiculous, just wanting a little more rumble at idle.

91 F22A6

Last edited by 91SOHC; 12-04-2018 at 08:38 PM.
91SOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:12 AM   #2
illinois_erik
CB7tuner Member

illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91SOHC View Post
Looking for a "Bullfrog" camshaft, but I can't find one anywhere. Anyone have the speccs of one, or just knows a camshaft that will make my car idle with a little more rumble? Not wanting to make it a supercar or nothing ridiculous, just wanting a little more rumble at idle.

91 F22A6
That would be from Gude performance.
http://web.pdx.edu/~tuff/rethinkRebuild/index.html
Old 12-06-2018, 10:12 PM   #3
91SOHC
Newcomer

Thanks man, I appreciate it immensely. Been searching forever.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:49 AM   #4
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
I didn’t realize Gude was even still in existence! If you’re not terribly concerned with performance, there are other options as well. Gude’s Bullfrog camshafts aren’t terribly inexpensive, and their customer service is so bad that it’s legendary.
You can get a camshaft from Delta for a good deal less that should do what you want.

Just keep in mind that a camshaft that provides a lopey idle will also give you less power down low. Your car will feel a good deal slower. If you’re not running at least an upgraded exhaust system, you won’t benefit from the high end gains either. I know you’re looking for the sound over performance, but just be aware that you’re likely to experience deminished performance if the camshaft is all you’re adding.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:16 PM   #5
91SOHC
Newcomer

Hmm, thnks man. I'll private message you if you don't mind, I've got a few questions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: