Should I do it a trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I do it a trade

Should I trade my 08 civic si for an srt4?

No.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Nope, was gonna leave it a cold nope but I question the durability of this vehicle. One of my "Honda" friends bought one when he finally got a job and a car with a payment maybe new? Idk. Everyone was like face palm dude. I do know it was a driveway ornament while he was still making payments. I believe he rolled his negative equity into a new brz a couple years ago.
      Last edited by cb7 calling; 04-27-2017, 06:41 AM.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

I agree with the said above. You can bet for sure that car has had the piss beat out of it.
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

The big modified-car reviewers on YouTube will mention the SRT-4 and always comment on how they've tried to line up review dates, but the car always ended up breaking at the last minute. Modified or not, they just don't seem reliable at all. Even if you were to land a solid example, personally, I could never live with that interior. Good engine when it's running right, and they handle well, but, as stupid as I feel saying it, it's still a Neon with all its associated cheapness. The Si can get SRT-4 power with bolt-ons and a tune (cams might be necessary, I hear the SRT's stock power varies), and it'll still be miles more reliable, nicer to be in, and handle at least as well. Not to mention it's got the larger aftermarket. Start modding the Dodge, and you better have your fingers crossed.

Sparkle, I thought you had one before, though?
          Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-27-2017, 09:09 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I did have one before and went back to honda. I found it more easier to repair the srt to a certain degree than the 8th gen. I know what you guys mean on the long trips though that loud drone noise. Doin a headgasket on that car is the worst if you really dont know much about the k series. As for the transmission though it was tough especially taking down the subframe and all that was really it.

Comment

For what? What are you gaining in this trade or rather what are you looking for in this trade?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                For what? What are you gaining in this trade or rather what are you looking for in this trade?
                Not gaining anything really just looking to get back into something boosted. As for my car I don't know I mean I do have my h2b hatch coming out soon as for the other stuff everyones telling me to keep the S.I should I really especially with my mods. I honestly don't really like working on a 8th gen

Comment

Sounds like you're already decided, then. Do the trade

If you just want boost, what about a WRX, STI, Evo, Focus/Fiesta ST, or Mustang Eco Boost? I remember you having an Evo, as well, lol. Or for about the same price as a 2016 Mustang 4cyl, you can find a Terminator for a different kind of boost... and stock internals than can handle 700+hp.
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-28-2017, 02:44 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Go back to a CB7. It's easier to work on than both the SRT4 or the 8th gen Civic!

Honestly, the SRT4 is no good for anything but an ongoing project at this point. It's the new DSM. They've become cheap enough that kids have been able to modify and abuse them for quite a few years now. Finding one that has been unmolested and well maintained will be difficult (and anyone with such a thing will probably ask a high price for it.) No doubt they're fun cars. Still, if you get one now, don't expect it to be without potentially major problems. Chances are slim that it'll be anywhere near as good as your old blue hedgehog.
                    Same goes for the STi or Evo, I feel. If they're affordable, they're clapped out. If they're in good shape (like my friend's 06 STi was), they're not cheap (he sold that sucker for $20,000 last year.)
                    I do find it interesting that you've had an Evo and an SRT-4, and the SRT-4 is the one you're looking to get back into!

Having previous SRT4 experience does give you an advantage in buying one that isn't totally trashed. I assume you know what you're looking at, and what things are red flags. Still, there are probably some better options now. CyborgGT has a good point with the Fiesta ST and Focus ST. The Fiesta ST isn't terribly impressive on paper, but the potential is there... and every review I've ever read of it said it's an absolute blast to drive. Used ones are pretty cheap now.

You could always hop on the Miata bandwagon, too. Miata is always the answer! (not really... thoroughly impractical... but I definitely picked the right car to follow my CB7!)

Comment

Lest we forget...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I was late to the party... that video right there was my introduction to Top Gear!

Comment

Season 5 for me. That Evo 8 FQ400 keeping up with a Lamborghini Murcielago on-track. I'll never forget. Back when the BBC knew and still didn't care that finalgear.com was torrenting every episode of Top Gear and Fifth Gear, and later the international versions of TG. I'm kinda grateful for what happened to the 'old trio', though. They were getting stale for me, and I like the current hosts.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yes this is true. I had an Evo and a srt4 and I know I can find a few but most of them are ran down by people who run those cars down.

I try to find a few 4th gens and maybe a hatch or two but people run them down into the ground even more. I honestly went back to my Honda roots especially with the hatch to have a little fun too . I'm not too fond of the k series
                            Last edited by h22sparkle; 04-28-2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Seems to be the trouble with turbo cars in general. A lot of people don't know that they're a bit higher maintenance than a normal car. WRX is at least good for that, because it's so much easier to find an unmolested example that wasn't thrashed everywhere; it's just too bad the base Lancer wasn't AWD and turbocharged. The ST cars seem to have ownership that's commonly enough mature, like with the faster Golfs.

You've got me honestly interested in where you decide to go, though, be it SRT4 or something else.
                              Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-28-2017, 11:53 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                              X