Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20b swap revs to redline by itself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20b swap revs to redline by itself.

So I did my swap got it running its not throwing any CEL's. But when you start the car it automatically revs all the way up I turn the car before it gets to high. Its like the throttle is hung open but it isnt. I changed the throttle body thinking it was the TPS and still the same thing. I tried to Google this and all I get is what is stock redline of the engine. SO any help is appreciated.

STANCE|WORKS

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
    So I did my swap got it running its not throwing any CEL's. But when you start the car it automatically revs all the way up I turn the car before it gets to high. Its like the throttle is hung open but it isnt. I changed the throttle body thinking it was the TPS and still the same thing. I tried to Google this and all I get is what is stock redline of the engine. SO any help is appreciated.
    I guess the obvious suspects are a stuck open butterfly in the intake, or your throttle cable is too tight. Did you read the setting on both TPS's?
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

The butterfly is closed and no I didnt check the tps on the other one it was pulled off my buddy's running car. And then put it back on his car and it worked on his car again.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

The butterfly is closed and no I didnt check the tps on the other one it was pulled off my buddy's running car. And then put it back on his car and it worked on his car again.
        What about the throttle cable?

Wait, are you sure you didn't mix up the TPS and MAP plugs?
        Last edited by dj_ender; 03-20-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

I mean I can check it tomorrow but I dont think its tight and its not pulling on the wheel to turn the butter fly. And from the inside of the car the pedal feels fine. I may just unhook it and start it that wya and see what happens.

Map is hooked up behind the dash and pluged up in there I never even unplugged it.. I deleted the emission on my car.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I mean I can check it tomorrow but I dont think its tight and its not pulling on the wheel to turn the butter fly. And from the inside of the car the pedal feels fine. I may just unhook it and start it that wya and see what happens.

Map is hooked up behind the dash and pluged up in there I never even unplugged it.. I deleted the emission on my car.
            Also, did you reuse the CB harness, or make your own/mod the CB one?

Comment

Its a stock uncut cb harness I haven't tucked my bay yet just so I can work out all the bugs then once it done it going to be tucked.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Its a stock uncut cb harness I haven't tucked my bay yet just so I can work out all the bugs then once it done it going to be tucked.
                Damn, there's not a whole lot of things that can control the gas. Only other thing i can think of is the set screw under the rotor is screwed in too far. what happens if your try starting the car without the TPS plugged in? And are you using a chipped ECU or an OEM one?

Comment

Same thing starting it unpluged revs right up. I can check set screw tomorrow to. Thats why I made this thread I am at a lost and I am usually really good at figure out what is wrong cars.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

The stock redline is 8200-8500 rpm depending where you look. Ive taken mine to 8500 with no issues. But did you replace the f20b intake manifold and injectors with h22a1 parts like I said?

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

Yea I put a h22 IM and injectors on it today. Im running a p13 ecu to.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

same Thing Starting It Unpluged Revs Right Up. I Can Check Set Screw Tomorrow To. Thats Why I Made This Thread I Am At A Lost And I Am Usually Really Good At Figure Out What Is Wrong Cars.
                        Ecu?

Never mind...

Comment

Yea I put a h22 IM and injectors on it today. Im running a p13 ecu to.
                          Dont use a p13 with the f20b. it will run like crap! That might be your issue right there. Just wait till you get the chipped ecu from drummersteve.

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

yeahh check the idle set screw
                            see if someone has messed with it
                            if they havent the paint should still be on the head of it.
                            someone had the one all way out on my h23 IM.
                            i just snugged it back down and then a half screw to the left
                            -Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by markrutherford View Post
                              Dont use a p13 with the f20b. it will run like crap! That might be your issue right there. Just wait till you get the chipped ecu from drummersteve.
                              I was originally thinking the TPS wires got switched around, that's why i asked if it was a modded harness. I wonder if the pin outs are different on the P13 than the PCB....

Comment

Working...
                              X