Those of you with Prelude knuckles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those of you with Prelude knuckles

As many of you know, the front knuckles from the '97-'01 Prelude non-SH are popular for use in converting to 5-lug. I've never understood their popularity, given the other parts and modification required to make them work and the existence of much better options. However, many of you use them, so I figured I'd share a recent find of mine with you.

I have the knuckles from a '04-'08 TL to allow fitment of my Brembo front calipers. They have the larger ball joints that the Legends and Preludes used. I found a Honda TSB to replace these ball joints and it includes a TSB-related part number for a ball joint kit. The kit includes both front lower ball joints, two front axle nuts and all necessary cotter pins. At Majestic Honda, it costs $43.79. It's part number 04510-SL5-000.

I bought a pair of Moog lower ball joints for these knuckles a few months ago and the quality is pretty comparable to what people have been saying of Moog as a whole recently. I wouldn't call the play sloppy, but one notch up. Nothing like an OEM ball joint. I've purchased crappier ball joints from the parts store that were better than these. I will be happy to replace mine with these.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

That is a part number too keep.
    As far as the 97-01 prelude 5 lug swap goes there is no modifactions needed if all the right parts are used. It still ends up being a easy bolt up affair. You need the lower control arms and the radius arms from the prelude to get this to bolt up without reaming or modifying . Then depending on your height you need the right upper control arm(stock, bb6 uca. 2" drop, ef uca. decked, slammed, stanced, cb7 uca.)
    I cannot confirm this because i dont know anyother cb7 owners but after the full swap i have a better turn in them when stock, so this seems to be a better option not a worse one.
    CB7TUNER.com
    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Having done the Prelude front 5 lug DIY with cp[mike]. I was never a fan of the prelude knuckles but glad you found this out for others.

I ended up selling my prelude 5 lug knuckles to with the straight drop in of the odyssey knuckles.

Comment

Working...
      X