Question for the guys and gals in college

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the guys and gals in college

Where do you get your physical text books? UoP has a book store but it's not the cheapest, Amazon has the text book that I need for my next class brand new for only 68 bucks which isn't too bad. I'd get a used one with some high lighting if I didn't need the software that came with it.

Computers in the Medical Office (Paperback)
    Susan M. Sanderson

That's the book I need if anyone could think of a place cheaper.

Check out www.chegg.com. You can rent and buy textbooks for pretty reasonably prices

Comment

Found some good deals on ebay, I believe they have a special section for textbooks. Bought a $70 book for $25 shipped new in plastic.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Buy the international version of the text off Amazon. It's usually paperback, a plus, and it costs around 20-30% of what the bookstore will charge at your school.

Chegg is also alright, but sometimes their selections are limited depending on your major.

Originally posted by Maple50175
        Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

buy the teachers version on amazon.....little bit more $$ but helps me out..

Comment

Nice, cheggs has my book for ten bucks less. I'll have to call them later if that's possible to see if it comes with the cd I need.

*ok got it ordered.. came out to be about 75 cents cheaper than Amazon but they are planting a tree in place of the one taken down to make this book.
            Last edited by Leung; 10-11-2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
              Where do you get your physical text books? UoP has a book store but it's not the cheapest, Amazon has the text book that I need for my next class brand new for only 68 bucks which isn't too bad. I'd get a used one with some high lighting if I didn't need the software that came with it.

Computers in the Medical Office (Paperback)
              Susan M. Sanderson

That's the book I need if anyone could think of a place cheaper.
              LOL, Craigslist in the Books section usually has the best deals, but not all of the books can be found all of the time. Word to the wise, double and triple check the ISBN's, you dont wanna show up to the first day with the wrong edition.
              Originally posted by Mishakol129
              Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Most of the time, Amazon.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I bought them at my schools bookstore which i spent about $289 and some change on 3 books so amazon might save you a couple bucks. Also like someone already posted make sure you get the right edition. Try getting the books asap or else you will get left behind and it will be hard to catch up.

First car.

Comment

I got the right one, because there are only seven editions but only the seventh came with a software disk.

Comment

www.isbns.net

Comment

just type in the ISBN into google and see what you get. I found a book this semester for 5 bucks shipped! lol

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I usually go though Amazon. If you can, use your schools .edu email for Amazon because you get free two day shipping.

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                          -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Damn that was quick, according to UPS, my book is already out for delivery.

Comment

Working...
                            X