Question on an H22a4 SH type

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on an H22a4 SH type

i bought a parts car just to get the motor for my Cb7. I have been reading up on the swap, but i am a little confused. Since the motor came out of a Prelude with the ATTS will i still be able to use this motor or am i pretty much stuck? Any advice would help. Thanks

You can use it, but some modification may be necessary. The transmission cannot be used without considerable modification (more trouble than it's worth.)
    You will still need to convert to OBD1.

Comment

like deev sid there is some minor modification needed. one is you have to use your fuel rail and fuel injectors as the obd2 ones are different , and you have to use you alternator as well as the obd1 plug is different from the obd2. im not sure if there are other things that have to be swapped over.

Comment

Distributor, and OBD1 ECU.

There are some differences in the engine externally that affect mounting, I believe.
        Honestly, it's generally best to stay away from the Prelude SH (not "type SH"... just SH)

Comment

well i have all the parts from my first h22a4 that i bought. it spun a bearing on me. i got the car for a good deal. so i jumped on it. i have an obd1 intake manifold with everything already on it. i am not sure if i have to switch out the cooling piece in the back of the engine or not.

Comment

Your main problem will be the holes for the half-shaft, they're in a different location so a bracket will have to be made, everything else is little problems a garage mechanic can handle
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
              Your main problem will be the holes for the half-shaft, they're in a different location so a bracket will have to be made, everything else is little problems a garage mechanic can handle
              he might even already have a bracket since he had an H22A4
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Honestly, it's generally best to stay away from the Prelude SH (not "type SH"... just SH)
                Sorry for the but the BB6 does say "Type SH" on the trunk..

again sorry for the
                These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Does it? Damn. I hate when I'm wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                    Sorry for the but the BB6 does say "Type SH" on the trunk..

again sorry for the

Type SH = JDM Type S ATTS or however it goes. Still the black sheep of the H22A's due to the half ass LSD that is has. Deff not worth the time, not to rain on your parade or anything. I know because I used to have one.
                    The CB7 Collector.
                    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                    92 LX Coupe F22A1
                    2013 Toyota Corolla S
                    92 EX Sedan F22A1
                    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

SH and Type S are very different. Type S has much more going on with the engine.

ATTS isn't really LSD. Comparing the two is like saying VTEC is "turbo with all the lag and none of the boost".

Comment

Off topic:
                        The Active Torque Transfer System(ATTS) Honda implemented in the Type-SH spec does actually handle significantly better through turns. Take it from me, I had one and tested it against a base model. The amount of understeer that you would typically experience in the base model is more than with the Type-SH thanks to the ATTS which plays a huge role, but also the beefed up suspension components. You can actually feel the car keeping its composure through a hard turn. I believe that differential has the capability to transfer up to 70-80% of the power to a wheel. I have plans of buying another Type-SH in the near future. I kick myself everyday for selling my Prelude.

Comment

there was a thread on ht awhile ago about making the plate ill see if i can find it again

Ride List
                          1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                          2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                          newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212 View Post
                            Off topic:
                            The Active Torque Transfer System(ATTS) Honda implemented in the Type-SH spec does actually handle significantly better through turns. Take it from me, I had one and tested it against a base model. The amount of understeer that you would typically experience in the base model is more than with the Type-SH thanks to the ATTS which plays a huge role, but also the beefed up suspension components. You can actually feel the car keeping its composure through a hard turn. I believe that differential has the capability to transfer up to 70-80% of the power to a wheel. I have plans of buying another Type-SH in the near future. I kick myself everyday for selling my Prelude.
                            That makes two of us...
                            The CB7 Collector.
                            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                            92 LX Coupe F22A1
                            2013 Toyota Corolla S
                            92 EX Sedan F22A1
                            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                            X