Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

switching wires of corner lights and bumper lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

switching wires of corner lights and bumper lights

is it ok if i switched the wires of the corner light to the bumper lights so when i turn on my parking lights... there would be a light on the bumper light? ofcorse im gonna change the bumper bulb(1156) to 1157 so it will be on and will flash when turning. is this possible?

there's probably a way to do it...you probably have to tap into the signal wire that goes to the flash. i haven't taken apart the wiring, but chances are there's a signal wire that tells that bulb to flash.

Comment

Search civic bumper light mod our something like that. Obviously your new

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

i already saw the wires of the corner lights(3 wires) and the bumper lights( 2wires) so all i need is to replace the socket and bulb(1157) of the bumper lights (which would have 3 wires) so when i turn the parking lights on... i would have a light on my bumper lights and would blink when i hit the turn signal. i'm just afraid i might screw up my electrical or something
        Last edited by jaymausantos; 05-04-2012, 01:28 AM.

Comment

So search before you start a new thread from now on. And don't cut your thumb off if you use the brake light socket like I did

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

just tap into you running light on your corner light to make it light up but you possibly might need a relay cause it might not be enough power to ight up both corner light and bumper

Comment

*airplane noise*

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...mper+light+mod

You're welcome.

^ Notice proper use of "you're"

Comment

your bulb for the corner lamp should be a dual filament one is for the running lamp/parking lamp and the other will flash when you engage the turn signal. If you want your bumper lamps to turn on with the corner lamps you can just take a pair of wire strippers and find the power wire to the one that flashes pull back the insulation a little bit on that wire take something small that you can use to separate the wires evenly into an O shape kinda like a fish eye and then take the wire from the bumper lamp and run it through the O shape in the corner lamp wire that you just opened and run it through then over and tie it together then just wrap it good in electrical tape so no corrosion can occur and you wont need a relay to make sure the right amount of power gets to it because by doing this you will have created a series-parallel circuit and the voltage will remain the same I.E the same 12 volts that reaches the flasher will reach your bumper lamp

Comment

Working...
                X