Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Upgrade F22A1 from Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade F22A1 from Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam

I am a new member from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. I'm looking to upgrade f22A1 capacity of the engine (engine running over 200,000 miles). I have read many articles about advanced engine power but do not have any topic similar to my needs. I like and hope to receive your help and members.

I only have a budget of U.S. $ 1.500 for the renewal and upgrade the engine (the aim is to my car reached speeds on the highway). Because in Vietnam there are no experts on the car so I wanted to ask you to help me introduce the turbocharge the performance has been upgraded ECU and suppliers available so I can make.

I'm really puzzled about the implementation should start from where!?! Looking forward to receiving your guidance!

My English was not good so I hope you understand! Thank you.

If you're wanting to turbocharge your car there is plenty of guidance already on this forum. My concern is that you may have a hard time acquiring parts like that where you are.

Typically I would tell someone in the United States that for $1,500 you could turbocharge an Accord and be okay. That's because that much money likely gets you a lot more over here than it might over there and if something goes wrong there are plenty of other engines to replace it with.

In Vietnam, if you were to spend all your money on the turbocharger and components then what would happen if your engine blew up? With Honda engines it's a guarantee that it will blow up eventually when turbocharging unless you build the block with forged components.

My recommendation to you would be to make performance upgrades in a different manner if you want to stay with that budget. Get the maintenance taken care of first. Once that's done you can start with an intake, header and exhaust.

I don't mean to tell you that you're not capable of doing something because of where you live, but I would regret giving you information that turned out to do more harm than good. Welcome to the forum!
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Hi Jarrett! Thank you very much for your advice! I completely agree with your solution: "... start with an intake, header and exhaust.". On ebay there are many suppliers of equipment to upgrade the engine, which made me confused and want to ask information from you. I was also thinking like you have the solution yet because my motor has deteriorated and need renovation. Under the original plan: First I will repair and upgrade the system, such as piston, camshaft, rods, ... engine how to qualify for later I can add turbocharge system (when budget allows). I wait for the comments and your help! Thanks a lot.

Comment

if i was in your situation i would probably do an h22 swap if you can get it in your country your getting more for your money than intake, header and exaust

Comment

Originally posted by likwid2u View Post
          if i was in your situation i would probably do an h22 swap if you can get it in your country your getting more for your money than intake, header and exaust
          I agree with this as well. You can get a decent lower mileage H22 for that cost and it's a bigger HP bump than you would get on a F22A1 with bolt-ons.

EDIT: If a swap is completely out of the picture then check out this link to get you started. The H23 intake manifold and throttle body will run more than whats listed in the link more than likely.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154
          Last edited by BurtonRiderT6; 06-01-2012, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
            I agree with this as well. You can get a decent lower mileage H22 for that cost and it's a bigger HP bump than you would get on a F22A1 with bolt-ons.

EDIT: If a swap is completely out of the picture then check out this link to get you started. The H23 intake manifold and throttle body will run more than whats listed in the link more than likely.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154
            I understand your opinion, ignoring the legality when equipped with a H22A into my car. I have something not clear: the price of a complete engine H22A is too high for my budget (on ebay selling this engine with an average price U.S. $ 1,500 U.S. $ 2,500 - not including fees shipping and tax)? with this engine I can upgrade the capacity of the engine is not? (with an intake, header and exhaust, ECU ...). you can relieve my questions? I also find this engine in Cambodia because Vietnam does not sell in this engine.

I also hesitate to why you often choose H22A engine instead of choosing F20B? the two types of engines are the power output of 200 hpw.

Comment

Originally posted by tranthang View Post
              I understand your opinion, ignoring the legality when equipped with a H22A into my car. I have something not clear: the price of a complete engine H22A is too high for my budget (on ebay selling this engine with an average price U.S. $ 1,500 U.S. $ 2,500 - not including fees shipping and tax)? with this engine I can upgrade the capacity of the engine is not? (with an intake, header and exhaust, ECU ...). you can relieve my questions? I also find this engine in Cambodia because Vietnam does not sell in this engine.

I also hesitate to why you often choose H22A engine instead of choosing F20B? the two types of engines are the power output of 200 hpw.
              Check out the pro's and con's on the link. That should tell you why.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39834

And you can just purchase an engine and use the F transmission as in the link below.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ansmission+H22

It's just a more effective way to get 65hp for you money. Otherwise just search on here for your basic bolt-ons by reading the link I previously posted.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                Check out the pro's and con's on the link. That should tell you why.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=39834

And you can just purchase an engine and use the F transmission as in the link below.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ansmission+H22

It's just a more effective way to get 65hp for you money. Otherwise just search on here for your basic bolt-ons by reading the link I previously posted.
                Thank you! I read the posts in your link, I really do not understand the pros and cons between F20B and H22A of the way design (only one camshaft F20B, while H22A 2 camshaft). Practical experience of you, I can buy the engine H22A where? prices like? Also, when changing engine H22A I need to note something? Looking forward to receiving your help!

Comment

Actually the F20B from Japan should have two cams just like the H22A but it is a 2 liter engine instead of a 2.2 liter because of tax reasons i think.

Taken from Wikipedia.com

F20B
                  This engine series was used in the CF4, CF5, CF9, CL3 Honda Accord and Honda Torneo from Japan. It uses a DOHC VTEC cylinder head similar to the H22A found in the Prelude but was designed to comply with many countries' sub-2.0 liter tax. The automatic transmission versions received the lower hp version (180 hp), as it was tuned for more mid-range torque than its manual transmission counterpart. The F20B manual version also utilizied stronger cams, intake and throttle body from the H22 type S. The different between f20b manual(200hp) and auto(180hp)is cams, intake, throttle body and the gearbox for manual come with t2t4.

[edit]Specifications
                  Accord SiR wagon, SiR-T F20B 97-01 2.0L
                  Valve train: 4 Cylinder, DOHC VTEC, 16 Valve
                  Bore: 85.0 mm
                  Stroke: 88.0 mm
                  Displacement: 1997 cc
                  Torque: 145 lb·ft (197 N·m) @ 5500 rpm
                  Horsepower: 197 hp (147 kW) @ 7000 rpm
                  Red Line: 7400 rpm
                  Compression: 11.0:1
                  Fuel Control: OBD-2

Comment

Thanks Leung, I asked my friend to find h22a in Cambodia but did not see it on the market. They sell the line to CR-V B20B, you give me your opinion on this line?

Comment

Originally posted by tranthang View Post
                      Thanks Leung, I asked my friend to find h22a in Cambodia but did not see it on the market. They sell the line to CR-V B20B, you give me your opinion on this line?
                      The reason why everyone here so far has suggested H and F engines is because they are the easiest to swap in and engine mounts exist for the conversions into our chassis.

Comment

Thank you Leung! now I understand why people preferred the motor H and F.

Everybody can help me find a H22A engine? I see on ebay but their relatively high price (not including shipping and tax to Vietnam), while my budget is only U.S. $ 1,500. Thanks to everyone!

Comment

Some days I should not have too much time finding sales information H22A engine. If people have information about it, please email me at: tranthang1@yahoo.co.uk. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X