Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

header questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

header questions

hey all. still a noob so take it easy on me. i have the stock f22. ive been looking at the cheap headers on ebay. yes, i know you get what you pay for, but are these any worse than the stock? thanks
    " the only thing that stands between a Marine and God, is a Corpsman "

"Don't shoot your mouth off unless your brains are loaded"

A friend of mine bought a no name ebay header for his civic and it rusted out in only 18 months. I got mine on ebay, but it is a Megan header. Still not the best by any means, but it has held up way better than my buddys no name. Here is the one I bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Megan...#ht_3140wt_902

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
    WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

the ebay ones blow out the gasket between the header and down-pipe a lot when i had mine.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
      Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

save your $$$.. a cheapo header wouldn't give you any performance benefit that you would actually feel..

if you're wanting some extra Hp for less $$$.. a header from an f22a4 is what you're looking for.. and do this..
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

Comment

I only put one on because I was pulling the head to do the head gasket and all gaskets above as preventative maintenance. Since the EM had to come off anyway just wanted to put something new on. No problems with the gasket yet(5000 miles+)

WTF, thats like placing the cheese underneath the beef patty and calling it a burgercheese. Regardless of how u slice it the shit is a cheeseburger.

Comment

Originally posted by casterX View Post
            if you're wanting some extra Hp for less $$$.. a header from an f22a4 is what you're looking for.. and do this..
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154
            awesome info. i was just looking for something nicer looking than the old corroded em, but im gonna try that above. hmmm 30+/- hp gain for that^^ or 10-15hp gain for cheap ebay headers.easy choice. do they just bolt right up?

Comment

Originally posted by A Zombies Minge View Post
              A friend of mine bought a no name ebay header for his civic and it rusted out in only 18 months. I got mine on ebay, but it is a Megan header. Still not the best by any means, but it has held up way better than my buddys no name. Here is the one I bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Megan...#ht_3140wt_902
              I have Megan headers also, have since January and after the install I felt a power gain from roughly 3.5 grand up. Plus there nice and pretty lookin! Got'em for $100 to my door off eBay, I did blow the flange gasket but that was due to improper tightening, replaced the gasket and made sure it was bolted up nice and tight, haven't had a prob since.

Comment

Originally posted by hmchaos View Post
                awesome info. i was just looking for something nicer looking than the old corroded em, but im gonna try that above. hmmm 30+/- hp gain for that^^ or 10-15hp gain for cheap ebay headers.easy choice. do they just bolt right up?

10-15hp gain on a cheapo ebay header will NOT ever happen.. been there, done that.. trust me.. you're just wasting time and $$$..

yes, the above mentioned link are bolt-ons and roughly just converting your F22A1 to A6..

Comment

Originally posted by hmchaos View Post
                  The ebay header will get you 3-4hp, if that.

If you need a replacement exhaust manifold, then the cheap header is a good option. If you want something shiny under your hood, also a good option. If you want a performance gain... save your milk money and buy Bisimoto.

Comment

Bisimoto is the way to go, have to agree there. My cb is my dd so I just wanted a replacement for the stock EM but the Dorman was ugly so I went Megan. Figured at least it is better than a complete cheapo no name header. Was going to go DC but if I was going to spend that much on a header I would have spent the extra and gone Bisimoto. Also did not use the gaskets that came with it, went and bought Fel-Pro for peace of mind. AND PEOPLE PLEASE STOP CALLING IT "HEADERS", its just one header as our cb's only have ONE head.

Comment

Megan Racing really isn't much more than an "ebay" company. They've evolved a bit into more of a legitimate company, but only recently. They're still a cheap knockoff brand... just one of the better ones. I would still prefer Megan over some name I never heard of, though. At least they have a bit of a reputation worth upholding. As far as I know, their header design is based on the DC design, and performance wise, it's no better. The only difference between Megan and DC would be the quality of materials and workmanship, and DC's CARB exemption (which ALWAYS puts the price through the roof). CARB only matters in California.

Comment

Yup, since I am in NY it just didn't seem like it would be worth the extra $ for the DC, besides I don't really like the ceramic look. If I decide I want my cb to go fast I will h22 swap it, then start looking into performance parts. Japan Star Motors right near me has an h22 all wired up w/o tranny for $700, is that a good price ?

Comment

It's a fair price. If you're able to go and see the engine in person, then that'd be good. I've heard a few not-so-good things about that company otherwise... but engine importers usually take care of the local guys. They don't want to screw someone that can actually get in their face!

Comment

Yeah, I can go look at it before I buy since they are only 15 min away from me. Last thing they want is me at their door angry.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              If you need a replacement exhaust manifold, then the cheap header is a good option. If you want something shiny under your hood, also a good option. If you want a performance gain... save your milk money and buy Bisimoto.
                              im still on the fence on this one. at this point i just want it to look nice. as far as performance goes, i just want it to perform like a good car. ive got a lot to do to the motor before i need to worry about big performance upgrades. id love to do perfomance mods, but i dont trust my f22 yet.
                              Originally posted by A Zombies Minge View Post
                              AND PEOPLE PLEASE STOP CALLING IT "HEADERS", its just one header as our cb's only have ONE head.
                              yes, i know this^^^. above i was talking in the plural sense... you know, more than one...
                              Last edited by hmchaos; 06-26-2010, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X