Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Interesting RPM Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting RPM Problem

Hi this is kind of a weird problem I have been having with my idle/rpm. When I hit the gas the rpms still climb another 200-300 after I let go of the pedal. I have cleaned IACV,FITV, and TB. What could cause this?
    1991 Honda Accord 2DR LX 180,000 Miles RIP

Originally posted by curtie94 View Post
    Hi this is kind of a weird problem I have been having with my idle/rpm. When I hit the gas the rpms still climb another 200-300 after I let go of the pedal. I have cleaned IACV,FITV, and TB. What could cause this?
    do you have an auto ECU in a manual, or vice versa? And did this just start happening, or did it do it after some work you did on your car?
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Cable isn't sticking, is it?
      98' Mustang 3V Swap
      11' VW CC R36

Comment

what is your base idle on your rpm gauge? have you been playing with idle screw lately? the reason i ask is because i had the same problem..i tinkered with idle screw before and got me to that same problem as yours.also i had my ignition timing set way advance.i did the old fashion way of adjusting the two parts,just by listening to the motor sound by the rising and dropping of engine speed,also by constantly looking at my rpm gauge after making a slight turn on my screw..

Comment

Originally posted by stunin92_accord View Post
          what is your base idle on your rpm gauge? have you been playing with idle screw lately? the reason i ask is because i had the same problem..i tinkered with idle screw before and got me to that same problem as yours.also i had my ignition timing set way advance.i did the old fashion way of adjusting the two parts,just by listening to the motor sound by the rising and dropping of engine speed,also by constantly looking at my rpm gauge after making a slight turn on my screw..
          I had this exact same problem, but I bought my CB like that. Fixed it by doing what you described, op should definitely try this.

Comment

Check ur timing sometimes the ignition timing could be alil off

Comment

My base idle is set to about 600 and I cant adjust it because the screw is stuck. I have had this problem for quite some time now. Also when it stops accelerating by itself it shakes almost like it drops.

The car has always been a manual, so it has a manual ecu.

I adjusted the ignition timing not to long ago and I just set it to what is it 15 BTC

The cable moves freely from what I can see. Is there a better way to tell if it sticks other then just by looking?
              1991 Honda Accord 2DR LX 180,000 Miles RIP

Comment

Working...
              X