need highs..sundown, hertz, rainbows,cdt or focal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need highs..sundown, hertz, rainbows,cdt or focal

so Im hunting for a new set of door speakers. I have a set of hertz ht-25 tweeters, so either components or coax will work. Iam looking at

in components:

sundown sa 6.5
    Rainbow SLX 265
    hertz dsk 165
    focal 165 a1sg
    cdt cl-61

coax:
    cdt eu-6cxmb
    focal 165ca1
    hertz ecx 165

Iam wanting good midbass, clear highs...and loud. the doors will be fully sound deadened, and they will be amped......any suggestions or others to consider????/

I'm all for pro-sound in cars. I haven't bought a car audio component set for years.

I like B&C speakers, Faital and 18sound are good too. Look at their selections if you'd like. They are in the mid-price range of speakers.

Do you have active crossovers?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

either way....active or passive, depends on the speakers. If its a comp set, I may run passive.......if the crossovers suck, Ill run active.

Comment

If you go active, I can piece up a good set. How much power are you running to them?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          If you go active, I can piece up a good set. How much power are you running to them?
          Figure that out after I get the door speakers....if it matters any....these arnt for the cb.....but for my 2010 silverado reg cab.... But audio is audio. I'd like to stay in the $200 range. The sub stage is going to be 2-10's in a sub thump box, probally 2 of the sundown shallow mounts.

Comment

Hmmm, can you fit 8s in the door? I've seen many newer(ish) cars that are using larger speakers in the doors.

That would give you the benefit of more efficiency and more midbasswith only a slight roll off in the upper band of the woofer.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Im not saying I cant.....I know a 6.75 will go nicely...but never seen a 8 before. I havent took the door panels off yet, as Iam still gathering stuff, because Iam doing a power windo/lock/alarm swap as well

for the audio so far I have
              100sq ft of 80mil fat mat
              Pioneer double din dvd
              50 ft KNU 12 ga ofc (for the mids)
              100 ft KNU 14ga cca (for the tweets)
              hertz ht-25 tweeters

Iam ordering 30 feet of KNU ofc 0ga for power wire/2nd battery/big 3 this weekend. or Iam going to shorten the 0ga to a disto block (0 in 2x4&2x8 out) and put it on the firewall to supply juice to my power windows...then run 2 runs of 4 (or 8 if the amps call for it) to the amps. Ill drill through the floor and run 0ga ground to the frame, and have a disto block on the back wall

Comment

Are you going to post that build in the other automotive section?

You're running 12awg to the mids, you need something with balls then .

Coax goes out the window too. I just looked at all of those options. They look plastic-y to me. I'm probably being anal though...I don't like stamped baskets.

I've used this tweeter before and I love it.
                http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com...e-car-tweeter/

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

are they harsh? I usally use a metal type tweeter, but the hertz are my first silk dome, so Id figure Id give them a shot since I got them at a stupid deal.

the more and more I look at amps......the rf pbr series seem better and better to me because of size. the only down side is if I run the 300.4, the matching 500 sub amp would only push 1-10......so either run 1 10 or get 2 sub amps.
                  guess I need to measure under my seats to see what kind or room I have, or order the box...It says amp rack, but I have a flip up arm rest, that I think will interfear with mounting amps there.

Comment

Not at all. They also have a silk version which I heard is very warm. Deals are always good.

Why are you hesitant about running both subs? More cone area is always better than more power imo

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Is a room thing. it is a standard cab, and the 2007+ up seem to have less room then th 99-07 classics. Iam six five and need all the leg room I can get. I only use the truck to go back and forth to work, and take the boy to daycare, but there have been times when we needed to take a trip to the home improvement store, and the three of us need to ride, so deleating the jump seat is out of the question...........and I cant do a blow through in this truck, because I dont want to hurt the resale value.

Comment

Yeah you did say reg previously. So you have like 4" of clearance behind the passenger's seat? You can't put anything behind your seat of course. Could you put the amp under the seat and then run the subs behind just the passenger and the jump seats?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Behind the passenger seat/jump is fine. I've been looking at the jl audio w3 loaded enclosure with the 2-8" subs, as that may work, and has great reviews. I've been driving around with the seat three clicks up like the sub thump boxs says it takes to see if i can deal with it. I just can't find anyone online with one already installed in a 07-up. The thing that concerns me the most is the subs hitting the back of the seat. I can take the backs off since they are hard plastic, and you can't see them anyways to gain clearance if the subs sit centered in the seat
                          Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 01-30-2014, 11:22 PM.

Comment

How about some of the slim subs that are out?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                              I've used this tweeter before and I love it.
                              http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com...e-car-tweeter/
                              In the 90's, I used to sell vifa/seas tweeters in both hard/soft dome that looked just like that. We sold caseloads of them, everybody loved them. Crossed over low with medium power, they sounded great for $20 back then.
                              Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X