Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Trans problem..HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans problem..HELP

Ok guys i have a 92 lx auto f22a1. problem, no reverse or 4th gear. i think its internal but ive had some people say its the shift silonoid. i know its not the tcm i switched it out and the same problem persists. it all started after i had two of my trans coolant lines bust (they had clean cuts in them it was weird). all the fluid had come out and i was going about 50 and i tried to hit the gas nothing just rev, i coasted to a stop after puting it in nuetral. i let it sit and did the repairs the next day. ever since it sliped when going into fourth and got worst as time went on reving to about 3 grand befor finally catching. then one morning i tried to go into reverse and it just reved it would shift if i slowly reved and let it sit at four grand for just a second not too long. But now (6 to 7 months later) there is no reverse and no 4th, also when shifting into second it shutters VIOLENTLY hard and 3rd is sound like 4th used to (the sliping i mean). please if anyone has any good advice let me know. pm me if youd like. thanks.
    Last edited by 92Inspire; 04-20-2007, 10:51 PM.
    Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

from what you say it does with the shudder type niose going into 2nd gear it sounds just like when my tranny went in my old car... i think it need new clutch packs.. or basically just a new trans lol
    93 LX CB7 in Beige...Auto...
    98 Lexus GS4

Comment

Time For A New Tranny.
      if you got something smart to say, guess what, i dont care.

Comment

damn

sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttt that kinda sucks eh?

sounds like you completely euchered yer tranny.

get yer arse to the wreckers and grab one before there are none left.

easy peasy to swap it out.

if you can, remove it from the wrecked car yerself..that is yer LEARNING model and then you'll be experienced once it comes time to do yer car.

GOOD LUCK
        YEP. I AM Canadian.
        1990 Accord EX 220,000 KM. Essentially stock with 15" alloys and chin spoiler added. K&N filter and Bosch plugs. ICE COLD A/C which I love!

1992 white EX 4 dr, 5 spd. (602,000 Kms and I JUST RETIRED IT. SO SAD!) DEC 9TH, 2005 - MAY 31, 2012. I added 229,000 kms to it. Great car!

Comment

yeah thats been the plan. i paid half on one then lost my job and had to pull the payment. i just wanted to see if maybe it could repaired but i guess ill just stick my original plan and swap it out. thanks guys
          Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Comment

You could also keep an eye out on here for someone local that is doing a manual conversion... that way, you'd know the transmission came from a running car. With a junker, you never know if that is the reason the car is there! Find one with rear end damage, or a side impact... at least then you'd know the car was probably on the road when it met it's end, rather than sitting due to mechanical failure.

I must say... good job on the post! This is how questions SHOULD be! "Help, I'm stuck. Here is what I tried, here is what I think the problem is, where do I go from there?"

I see too many "my tranny dont work wuts rong?" questions... It getts irritating!

Good luck man!

Comment

well, good luck on finding a tranny...too bad u had to let that other go....if u need a job, Dairy Queen oin Calgary pays 12 bucks per hour TO START...benefits, too.

Come on up EH.
              YEP. I AM Canadian.
              1990 Accord EX 220,000 KM. Essentially stock with 15" alloys and chin spoiler added. K&N filter and Bosch plugs. ICE COLD A/C which I love!

1992 white EX 4 dr, 5 spd. (602,000 Kms and I JUST RETIRED IT. SO SAD!) DEC 9TH, 2005 - MAY 31, 2012. I added 229,000 kms to it. Great car!

Comment

Working...
              X