vs Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vs Dakota

Been meaning to put this up for almost a week, but I kept getting distracted..
    On my way to work last Thursday, going on Delsea Dr from Millville into Vineland, there's a 4lane part where there are 3 stop lights within a 1/8 of mile, onto rt55, sort off of of rt55, really out of Cumberland Mall becuz exit goes into mall parking lot, and at main entrance for the mall. Anyway I'm waiting at the first of those lights in the left-hand lane and a Dodge Dakota pulls up next to me, when the light turned red I took off like I always do, and he musta thought I was tryin to pull a mini race with him to the 3rd light which was red (2nd was green) then we noticed that the lane he was in was blocked right after 3rd light by a line painting truck so he tried to speed up & get in front off me, but I pushed on the gas a little more and easily didn't let him. So we keep on going and I pulled into the right lane to go around a slow moving car, but that car pulled into the turn lane at the next light, and the Dakota pulls up next to me on my left. When the turn arrow turned green he start inching up like he wants to race, but I held my place until the light turned green. We take off and my lightly modified CB7 ate him alive. When I stopped at the next light ('bout 1/4 mile later), he was WAY behind me, but he got to the light when it turned green and just cruised on through ahaed of me, and the road goes down to 2 lanes right there. I was kinda upset that he got ahead of me when I had stomped him so bad, so I waited until we got into a passing zone, and saw an opening. I passed him real quick, and anyone who knows the area knows its very hard to pass anybody on this part of Delsea Dr., and he stayed right behind me until I pulled ito my job. My question is, would you consider him having beaten me because he got through the light before me, or doesn't it matter 'cuz I was there waiting ahead of him, or because I passed him up later? (Sorry 'bout all the run-on sentances and poor grammer, my typing's usually better but its 1AM and I'm tired, only awake now 'cuz my 8 1/2 month old son woke up)
    Edit: Dang didn't realize how long this post was!

Well if its the v8 Dakota, they are pretty quick. The v6 ones are the same as any compact truck. mid 16s. But if it was stock you aren't looking at anything faster then a mid 15s. And it was more then likely auto. So slower then that. But the story is a bit hard to understand. But it sounds like you beat him. goodjob.

Comment

Nice man Sounds like you were dealing with a pissed off driver rather than a racer (I did that to a Durango yesterday... ass cut me off! ) Still, not too bad for a lightly modded CB7. It's nice to see what we can hang with!

The funny thing is that as I'm reading this, I realized I recognized the places you were talking about.

Comment

Wow, I just re-read my post from last night... I musta been TIRED! My description seems a bit... muddled. Too many run-on sentences.

Comment

Working...
        X