Pic of 16' x 24' garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic of 16' x 24' garage

Hey guys, im in the process of buying a garage for my new house.

I'm wondering if you guys have any picture of the interior of a 16 x 24 garage with or without a car in it...

Also is 16' wide enough to work on your car?

Cause i was looking for a 18 wide one but the price is much higher...

Also im building it with 10 ft high roof.

thanks!

My concrete slab is 9' wide and 20' long, and provides plenty of room to get around the car. You should have NO problems with 16x24.

Comment

10ft roof is to short if you want a lift

For resale you want at least a two car

20x20 is a small two car

24x24 is what I would be looking at if you are looking to do major regular work to a cars. And it would fit two cars 24x24 is 50% larger that a 20x20 garage

Right now I have a 12x48 and it sucks

Comment

You won't have a ton of extra room on the sides if you have work benches along the walls but if the walls don't have obstructions it will be great. It's kind of hard to know how to judge the area without knowing what your plans are for the rest of the space. What do you plan to do with the area in front of where the car will be parked?
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I wouldn't mind a 12x48 with a lift in the back...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I wouldn't mind a 12x48 with a lift in the back...

Say 7ft wide car

12-7=5

5/2=2.5ft to each side of car

Here is a small suv in it

Comment

Damn ty for fast fast replies aha.

Well, i cant build a very big garage since i have a 7.7k square feet yard and i dont want my garage to take all the place. Also i only have 20k for it and building a garage here is pretty expensive.

As for the 10'' roof its for my lifted jeep. I want to be able to work on it with a scisor lift under it.

Also my tools and work area will be at the end of the garage, so i will have sides clear to work.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

20k is about what i've been expecting to pay for a much smaller garage where I am.

Be sure you look into permits, and the cost of running electricity to it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  20k is about what i've been expecting to pay for a much smaller garage where I am.

Be sure you look into permits, and the cost of running electricity to it.
                  Yea i'm trying to look for everything i need in order to choose, but i'm pretty sure its gonna be a 16 x 24 for 20k. Cause there are the taxes that a also need to pay.

As for the permit, its 25$ so im just gonna pay it from my pocket

Comment

What type of door are you considering? If you can get a wider door (like 12 foot wide), you will be glad. And a automatic opener is sweet. But that actually can be added later.
                    As far as the height, if you can squeeze in a lift, even if its later, you will be so glad. They are so nice for doing brakes, exhaust etc.
                    The main thing is plan and look at different ideas and research. You can incorporate little things that really work!!!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

I would seriously look at 12 ft ceiling. You wont regret it if you ever want to upgrade to a bigger lift, like rotory etc.. their basic lift is 11'8" T and almost 11ft wide, with 16ft width on your garage you should be fine there, to be able to walk around it.
                      Last edited by cincy90h22; 08-03-2012, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I tought a 10ft ceiling would be enough for a lift with a small car like the cb...

I'll look in a 12ft ceiling if the 10ft isnt enough, but i fear we cant build a that high garage here. At some places we are limited to 8ft but i know 10ft is ok where im moving.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X