Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cruise control not setting after recent fender bender..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruise control not setting after recent fender bender..

This site rocks!!
    Anyways, I have a 92 Accord EX 4dr. Recently I was in a minor fender bender.
    My cruise control always worked fine until I got hit. The main damage was on
    the drivers side front fender. It didn't hit the cc unit under the hood. I know
    there's some kind of cc tank in the fender. I haven't looked at that yet.
    All the vacuum lines seem to be hooked up and not broke from what i can see.
    My main cc switch lights up and the cc dash light is on but the cc won't set
    at all. I checked the fuse under the dash, but don't know where else to look..
    Any clues on where i should go from here? Thanks for any help!

There is a vacuum tank in the left fender exactly as you said

without at the system wont work. Go replace that and it will work fine again.

Comment

okay cool. You think it got hit maybe in the accident? The top part of the fender is where most damage was. Someone was telling me about an abs sensor on the left front wheel. It was slightly hit as well. Nothing is bent on the wheel though. Thanks for your reply. How do I get to the tank in the fender?

Comment

I'm 100% sure its that tank.

The abs sensor would have nothing to do with it, some of these cars don't have abs but still have cruise control anyways

To get to it you need to remove the fender

To remove the fender you need to remove the front bumper, driver headlight and the driver side skirt ( to get to 1 bolt hidden under it ) Its not fun. Basically plan to fix the damage at the same time.

Comment

Before you replace the air tank, check for connections. There's vacuum lines and electrical connectors that go to it. Sorry to hear about your accident. Who fault was it?

Comment

Hey Thanks for the input. Can I get to the tanks electrical connections and vac lines without removing the fender? I probably will wait until i get a new fender. The damage isn't bad. I pulled out my fender and it looked alot better. Pretty much just slightly dented now. It wasn't my fault! The jerk tried to blame it on me, but I won =) Funny enough, the other car was a Honda as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tj76 View Post
              Hey Thanks for the input. Can I get to the tanks electrical connections and vac lines without removing the fender? I probably will wait until i get a new fender. The damage isn't bad. I pulled out my fender and it looked alot better. Pretty much just slightly dented now. It wasn't my fault! The jerk tried to blame it on me, but I won =) Funny enough, the other car was a Honda as well.
              Oh, for sure you don't need to remove the fender, unless it's pushed in over it. It's that round thing right next to your PS reservoir. Or you could say it's in b/w the pump and reservoir. Hope this pic helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                Oh, for sure you don't need to remove the fender, unless it's pushed in over it. It's that round thing right next to your PS reservoir. Or you could say it's in b/w the pump and reservoir. Hope this pic helps.
                The item you are referencing is for the cruise control, but thats not the part where the op is having the problem. Theres a vacuum tank, works pretty much the same way as the IAB "black box", and its located in the fender-well. You might be able to access/see it by removing the driver side fender liner.

Lets see if I can find a picture.

EDIT: Best picture I could find without spending too much time (#17):
                Last edited by cloudasc; 04-05-2012, 05:24 PM.
                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

So item 17 is below or on the side of the control?
                  Thanks.

Comment

Thanks.
                    Neither, its in the fender.

The only side I can think its on is in regards to the one way valve after the T, so the vacuum box is on the same side (of the one way valve) as the control box.

Heres a picture someone else posted from a recent thread, asking what does this vacuum line goto after partially deleting their cruise control.

Comment

Thanks.
                      yea its that. Your problem is there, if its broken you will have a leak and i've removed mine yesterday by removing the fendre well (plastic piece near the wheel well to protect from dirt). the tank its hold by 1 10 mm screw, and the fender well by multiple plastic screws.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                        Neither, its in the fender.

The only side I can think its on is in regards to the one way valve after the T, so the vacuum box is on the same side (of the one way valve) as the control box.

Heres a picture someone else posted from a recent thread, asking what does this vacuum line goto after partially deleting their cruise control.

exactly where arrow is, its my picture and i found out it was the tank as ppl said in my thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Hondapawa View Post
                          yea its that. Your problem is there, if its broken you will have a leak and i've removed mine yesterday by removing the fendre well (plastic piece near the wheel well to protect from dirt). the tank its hold by 1 10 mm screw, and the fender well by multiple plastic screws.
                          ^^ And there's the person who's picture I posted in my previous response.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                            ^^ And there's the person who's picture I posted in my previous response.
                            lol

Comment

The plastic screws that hold the fender on, are those easy to break?
                              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X