Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90-93 acc0rd type r rear lip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had it for a while it looked ok, it added a nice touch to the rear. Only problem I noticed with the rear lip is that it was starting to crack at the edges where it mounted on the sides near the mud flaps since I tended to scrape the rear lip on my driveway. The material being ABS plastic also attributed to the cracking. I believe Slick's rear lip has the same signs of cracking at the edges.

Fitments is very tight, have to sort of muscle it on near the muffler cut out. It has to be mounted on the edges of the bumper where the mudflaps would usually go first and then the muffler cutout.

I moved on to something more durable and thick :P Xenon Mild

Last edited by ikayto; 05-04-2008, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto
      I had it for a while it looked ok, it added a nice touch to the rear. Only problem I noticed with the rear lip is that it was starting to crack at the edges where it mounted on the sides near the mud flaps since I tended to scrape the rear lip on my driveway. The material being ABS plastic also attributed to the cracking. I believe Slick's rear lip has the same signs of cracking at the edges.

Fitments is very tight, have to sort of muscle it on near the muffler cut out. It has to be mounted on the edges of the bumper where the mudflaps would usually go first and then the muffler cutout.

yea thats exactly why i have 2 cracks. its only on the side where the lip meets where the rear mud flaps go

i also have a xenon mild but i haven't put it on yet as i have to realign my exhaust
      Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
      Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
      JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

i want a type r rear lip but all i can find is the mugen ....are they the same?

Comment

yes they are all the same.

Comment

i cannot find a diy for putting a mugen rear lip on ...can someone help?

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire?
              i want a type r rear lip but all i can find is the mugen ....are they the same?
              the one that is actually quoted "type-R rear" for 90-93s are in www.hmotorsports.com
              Gas. Brake. Gas. Brake. Scrape......

Comment

Originally posted by RennyJ
                the one that is actually quoted "type-R rear" for 90-93s are in www.hmotorsports.com
                thats where i bought the one i just sold from
                Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto

Thats one sick rear lip. Where did you get it.

Comment

Originally posted by samuri88
                    nice work on the lip bro

edit:how much did you pay for it?
                    they are about $100 on websites. but are prolly cheaper on ebay

Comment

mugen lips on ebay more expensive!!!

nice website ..thanks ...
                      was about to buy on ebay and regret it

Comment

Originally posted by accord=inspire?
                        i cannot find a diy for putting a mugen rear lip on ...can someone help?
                        the stock rear cb7 lip is just painted, its not even a real lip.

i believe you put the mugen lip right over the stock lip so it does not show. DO NOT CUT the cb7 lip.

i honestly dont think its too hard. as long the the rear part and the corners line up your good.

maybe you can make a DIY
                        Last edited by alkoholikwun; 05-10-2008, 02:15 AM.

Comment

could someone direct me to a site where i can get a mugen lip kit for the accord

Comment

Originally posted by katoosh
                            could someone direct me to a site where i can get a mugen lip kit for the accord
                            either ebay or hmotorsports.com is your best bet. also jdmcarboy.com but its a little more expensive there

Comment

Originally posted by slick
                              no its not the same

iNspired's Sigma rear lip
                              can some one plz tell me where i can get that ^^^ i will pay alot for it and i been searching all over

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                              disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Working...
                              X