Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rounded timing belt tensioner nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got everything disconnected except for the engine mounts. I just bought an engine hoist today that was on craigslist and just need to get a chain. Unfortunately it's raining at the moment.

Anybody know what are some good locations to hook a chain around on an F22A1? Or if there's something better to use than a chain?

Comment

is there a way you could flatten two sides off to fit a socket on it? like dont just flatten a little but a good bit with out going to threads ya know?

this may have been said? sry. and sry to here the vise grip trick didnt work. must not have been tight enough lol.
      Accord SE

93se
      Members Ride
      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
      Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

I always hook the chain to the power steering pump bracket and then go diagonally to the rear most tranny mount. I hook the hoist some what close to the oil cap.

Hope that helps.

Go to 2:58 to see the angle i like to tilt the motor.

Last edited by djcaz_aom; 09-15-2011, 10:37 PM.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

i had to use a small pipe wrench. tor the carp out of the nut but it came off

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

well good luck with the removal hope you get it off with out any more trouble. if you have the time to pull the whole motor and your gonna do what you say, go for it cuz i would do the same. Replace anything and everything you can if you do so once its in, no worries. you can use an old seat belt or a decent tow strap or ratchet strap just make sure the tensile strength is higher than 700lbs. good luck and remember there is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to something you dont know.
            Hey yo uhhhhhh fry man!!!!

Comment

It must be a case by case thing, but mine was so tight it seemed like it was welded on there, the vise grips were so tight they flew off when we got it loose and it was about to break the 4ft breaker bar. I've never seen one bend like that, it was pretty crazy.
              96 mx-6, needs work...
              91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Good news everyone, after pulling the motor I reached success. It really wasn't that hard to take it out to be honest. After disconnecting everything, it only took one and a half hours with a friend to take it out. Once it was out we hammered the bolt-grip socket on it, attached a ratchet, and it came off without even an extension bar. Too bad I couldn't hammer it on with the engine in the bay.

Here's where I placed the hooks for anybody wanting to know. There were two convenient holes large enough for hooks on both sides of the motor.

Now to get these separated... lol.

Stud remained undamaged. I still ordered a new one just in case. I also have a new nut and motor mount on the way. Meanwhile I'm going to take the time to clean up the motor and finish the belt job. Thanks everyone for the help. I hope this thread will help other people and hopefully they won't have to pull the motor like I did. But it is worst case scenario.

Comment

Working...
                X