P/S & A/C removal-wiring OBD2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P/S & A/C removal-wiring OBD2

I've been removing all the power steering and a/c stuff from my car, but I don't really know what to do with the wiring that goes to the two of them. The car is a 96, so it's OBD2 and I don't want to throw codes. A friend of mine said that if i just cross the wires then it will be fine, but I want some actual experiences. Thanks

If it helps, there was only one sensor hooked up to the power steering pump, and there were 3 for the a/c, 1 at the compressor, 1 that came off of the compressor but was kinda looped (it came off as a part of the compressor, clutch circuit maybe?), and 1 inline between the accumulator/drier and evaporator.
    96 mx-6, needs work...
    91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

I'm gonna go ahead and bump this, after a massive amount of searching all over the web, I've read that some people have just unplugged and it was fine, no codes, but that was on honda forums where it could've been OBD1. (no model years were given.) I've heard cross the wires to complete the circuit. And on one forum I saw that someone had just pulled the respective fuses (but once again, no model years given.) I know a bunch of people on this forum have taken out this stuff so let me rephrase this: If you have a 1996+ car that you have taken the p/s or a/c out of, what did you do with the wires or plugs that came off of them?
    96 mx-6, needs work...

Comment

as far as obd2 goes you could get way with a/c removal but power steering i am not so sure of

question , why are you pulling the p/s and a/c out
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
        as far as obd2 goes you could get way with a/c removal but power steering i am not so sure of

question , why are you pulling the p/s and a/c out
        I pulled the p/s just because I wanted to. I tried it without the belt and it felt fine so i decided to take it out. I never use a/c and the car has working windows and a moonroof so i figured i might as well take that out while i was in there. I don't race or anything, so it's not about power but i do hope that it may give me an extra mpg.
        96 mx-6, needs work...

Comment

Originally posted by nope View Post
          I pulled the p/s just because I wanted to. I tried it without the belt and it felt fine so i decided to take it out. I never use a/c and the car has working windows and a moonroof so i figured i might as well take that out while i was in there. I don't race or anything, so it's not about power but i do hope that it may give me an extra mpg.
          one of the owners of my weekend job (KMB auto) has a Callaway Corvette with p/s p/b and a/c

less weight might help with mpg
          http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
            one of the owners of my weekend job (KMB auto) has a Callaway Corvette with p/s p/b and a/c

less weight might help with mpg
            I've read that p/s and a/c weigh less than 50 lbs combined. I wouldn't expect that much weight to do much... The pulleys and brackets on my Mazda were quite a bit larger and heavier than the respective CB7 parts tho. I'll try to get a scale out to my garage and see. Idk, maybe the slight weight loss combined with slightly less drag on the crank will be beneficial.
            96 mx-6, needs work...

Comment

Working...
            X