Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Antifreeze keeps leaking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antifreeze keeps leaking!

Ok, so my antifreeze keeps leaking but I have no idea from where or how? I've replaced all of the thermostat, all the hoses(one had a cut), and I checked to see if everything's intact properly and all looks good. However Ive wasted almost 3 bottles of antifreeze because every other week the reserve tank and the radiator is low and my car over heats? Any ideas?

Have you checked the water pump?
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Originally posted by iiball3 View Post
      Ok, so my antifreeze keeps leaking but I have no idea from where or how? I've replaced all of the thermostat, all the hoses(one had a cut), and I checked to see if everything's intact properly and all looks good. However Ive wasted almost 3 bottles of antifreeze because every other week the reserve tank and the radiator is low and my car over heats? Any ideas?
      Start looking under the car for leaks? we cant really help you, all we can do is guess.
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Check your oil or your exhaust pipe. If it's not on the ground, it's in one of those places.
        MRT
        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
        Originally posted by Tippey764
        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
        Originally posted by deevergote
        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
          Check your oil or your exhaust pipe. If it's not on the ground, it's in one of those places.
          Hmm.?.my flex pipe is cracked from the front and air is leaking out...I doubt this has anything to do with it tho?

Comment

Originally posted by dysfunk View Post
            Have you checked the water pump?
            Brand new

Comment

Hmm.?.my flex pipe is cracked from the front and air is leaking out...I doubt this has anything to do with it tho?
              Does your car spew out white smoke in the mornings, and im not talking about condensation smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                Does your car spew out white smoke in the mornings, and im not talking about condensation smoke.
                Yessssss. I seen it 3 days ago. Comes from the flex. Shots cracked since jersey roads suck and my shits dropped.

Comment

Yessssss. I seen it 3 days ago. Comes from the flex. Shots cracked since jersey roads suck and my shits dropped.
                  Most likely its a blown head gasket....sowwy

You can verify with this:

http://www.amazon.com/LISLE-75500-CO.../dp/B0002KPZ2Q
                  Last edited by dj_ender; 04-13-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Most likely its a blown head gasket....sowwy

You can verify with this:

http://www.amazon.com/LISLE-75500-CO.../dp/B0002KPZ2Q
                    I mean I started it up one day and seen smoke come from the middle of the front passenger door...then it stopped. I haven't seen it back since. But I looked under the car and saw my flex was cracked and air was coming out. Still think its that?

Comment

I mean I started it up one day and seen smoke come from the middle of the front passenger door...then it stopped. I haven't seen it back since. But I looked under the car and saw my flex was cracked and air was coming out. Still think its that?
                      If it only did it once, then no. You need to take flashlight to the engine bay and under carriage and find where it's going.

Comment

If it only did it once, then no. You need to take flashlight to the engine bay and under carriage and find where it's going.
                        Tanks. I'll check tomorrow and let you guys know if I need further help. Any other physical signs to tell if it's the head gasket?

Comment

If my shits blown..I'm buying a h22, fack all that bs.

Comment

Tanks. I'll check tomorrow and let you guys know if I need further help. Any other physical signs to tell if it's the head gasket?
                            Not that I can think of, if the head gasket is leaking you'll be seeing smoke come out at every morning start up. Your either leaking it, or burning it, and from the sounds of it, your not burning it.

Does the inside of the car smell sweet, like coolant? You can always put a larger piece of cardboard or paper under the car over night, if its leaking you'll see it.

Comment

Not that I can think of, if the head gasket is leaking you'll be seeing smoke come out at every morning start up. Your either leaking it, or burning it, and from the sounds of it, your not burning it.

Does the inside of the car smell sweet, like coolant? You can always put a larger piece of cardboard or paper under the car over night, if its leaking you'll see it.
                              Actually no, I can't smell anything. I've read some symptoms and my oil is fine, no milky stuff. And def. no white smoke coming from the exhaust, even if my flex is cracked I would see a constant white smoke, but I don't. Must be something small. I'll check the radiator if it's cracked? But the only thig is a bottle of coolant last me for like 1-2 wks?

Comment

Working...
                              X