CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Old 11-30-2018, 05:14 PM   #41
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
Aaand it's gone. Someone texting and driving. Ran up underneath as can be seen. Lifted the car off the ground. Everything underneath is bent. Trunk doesn't open obviously. Happened hour and a half ago. More pics later.

The other car.

H311RA151N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #42
Raf99
Gold Member

Raf99 is very helpful Raf99 is very helpful
ahhhh crap...... hope you're ok though.
Raf99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:50 PM   #43
Rilas
Gold Member

Rilas seems to have made some friends!
Why does this shit always seem to happen after we get these cars mostly fixed up?

I mean you finally got the engine running like it should and have taken care of almost all of the maintenance items.

Ugh, hope your alright man.

Also texting is clearly the right thing to do while driving, not like you can't die while hitting something else... God, people are dumb.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:30 PM   #44
H311RA151N
Silver Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf99 View Post
ahhhh crap...... hope you're ok though.
My wife was driving. She seen and heard it coming. She's fine other than a sore back and neck. I appreciate it though man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilas View Post
Why does this shit always seem to happen after we get these cars mostly fixed up?

I mean you finally got the engine running like it should and have taken care of almost all of the maintenance items.

Ugh, hope your alright man.

Also texting is clearly the right thing to do while driving, not like you can't die while hitting something else... God, people are dumb.
Always! It always does! I was just admiring it earlier today as well. It looked pretty clean. Until now of course.

The wife is fine. She had a moment to prepare which was very good.

Yeah this is the second time we've been hit by someone texting. 1st time was 10 years ago and I nearly lost my right leg. So we are very grateful to say the least.

The lady has USAA insurance so I think she might be military? Which makes me even more sympathetic. I would strongly dislike being in her shoes. I just hope she's ok. She didn't seem bad. I just hope it isn't. We all make mistakes especially me. She had insurance! So that's one responsible thing she did. I'm thankful for that!
Old 12-03-2018, 09:29 PM   #45
H311RA151N
Silver Member

I'm hearing from the insurance company that this car may get fixed. I still don't know yet for sure. I'm banking on it being totalled.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:34 PM   #46
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
This makes me so nervous pouring all this money into my car. All that hard work ruined by an "lol" or instagram post. Glad to hear your wife is okay. Good thing you have all the receipts for all the maintenance you just did.
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:05 PM   #47
H311RA151N
Silver Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
This makes me so nervous pouring all this money into my car. All that hard work ruined by an "lol" or instagram post. Glad to hear your wife is okay. Good thing you have all the receipts for all the maintenance you just did.
Yep! I had that come into play when my 93 LX got hit in the side sitting in a parking lot about 5 years ago. They went back 6 months on all my receipts. I don't know if that's going to happen this time but I guess we will see.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:16 PM   #48
H311RA151N
Silver Member

Still don't know. Maybe totaled maybe not. Will update when I know more. Still will throw new coil on it. I'm buying it back from the insurance company regardless. Just gonna send it. I'll get my money back out of it and keep the car. Buy back on these us like $300. I'll park it with my other one in Missouri at some point.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:21 PM   #49
H311RA151N
Silver Member

I'm not purchasing any more parts for this car. But I wanted to install what I've already purchased.

Today I put on the coil and distributor rotor I bought a couple weeks ago.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:02 PM   #50
H311RA151N
Silver Member

I went to replace the hose that comes off the back of the intake manifold and goes to the throttle body and I just can't fight these cars for hours on end anymore. The cut up hands and arms laying in grease, oil and coolant are in the past. It's not worth it to hold my neck up for 2 hours fighting literally one hose clamp just to hurt for 3 days. I'm done.

It's being taken to a shop for this. I'm not putting myself through the hell it takes to do it. I've done it in the past several times but not again. I'll drive it to a shop just down the road spraying coolant and pay them $75 to maybe $200 to do it.

Insurance is fixing the rear end where it got hit. So that's good.

The oil cooler is in the way, the harness and the intake manifold bracket even after being removed it's still just a pain. I pulled the oil filter and that helped some. Still. It's one of those things I'm not doing. I've not taken a car to a shop in over a decade. Until now. While they're at it I'm having them replace the other hoses in the area. The two other hoses.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-15-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: