Coilover boo-boo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilover boo-boo

So I got S2 shocks and struts for christmas with coilover sleeves. I went out and put them on on christmas day. Here is the two boo-boo's.

BTW, never let me work on your CB.

The first thing that happened was the top hat on the rear passenger side broke when I let the car down. I notice that the stock rubber in for the spring was missing but would that have anything to do with it cuz the coilover springs have a smaller diameter?

The next boo-boo, well a little more serious I was stopped at a light and noticed my hood shaking. I never noticed that before, well I pulled over and what did i see, My fronts about to poke a hole in my hood silly me I forgot the front bump stop plates in my excitement. That was fixed.

Are those top hats necessary cuz I can't find a replacement anywhere w/o re-buying the whole kit and the poor CB sits a little lopsided I can get a finger evenly between the tire and wheel well on the rear driver side but not on the passenger side.

What to do, what to do. Tell me if this sounds ok. I'm going to remove the broken top hat becuase it rattling and raise the passenger side to be even with the driver side keeping the driverside top on until I find a suitable replacement.
    Last edited by IridiumCore; 12-30-2010, 01:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
    IridiumCore
    HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
    Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

fix it right or park it till you can. not worth having your baby broken cuz you wanted to ram her all night.
    ** BUY MY STUFF **

Comment

Originally posted by 93tunerofdacb7 View Post
      fix it right or park it till you can. not worth having your baby broken cuz you wanted to ram her all night.
      Well said LMAO. unfortunately parking is only an option for the weekend. The front is good to go now bump stop plates in all. But the that dog on plastic top hat or what ever its call is done.
      IridiumCore
      HCK-The Beginning

Comment

wow , what a story . hey at least you try man. that's half the battle. alright next to the top hat .yes you need this to be on the strut , it holds the coil in place.you maybe able to find one at the JY. 90-95 will work to replace that. you can go on up in the years but idk.good luck , don't worry about the problems you have had , i give you props for the effort.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
          wow , what a story . hey at least you try man. that's half the battle. alright next to the top hat .yes you need this to be on the strut , it holds the coil in place.you maybe able to find one at the JY. 90-95 will work to replace that. you can go on up in the years but idk.good luck , don't worry about the problems you have had , i give you props for the effort.
          Maybe i'm not calling it the right thing cuz when i search for it comes up with something that looks like the stock upper assembly.

What im looking for is the part black part on top of the springs in this picture
          http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotor...Q5fAccessories

Not the sleeve and perch one but the look-a-like rubber.
          IridiumCore
          HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Just make sure you fix it, or just park it like some of the other member r tellin you

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...lar=&brand=all

Top hats AKA shock mounts

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
                No it's a little rubber/plastic thing that comes with the coilover sleeve kit that is supposed to fit rght at the top of the spring
                IridiumCore
                HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Sounds like you are missing a bushing of some sort, pics?
                  Call me Travis.
                  2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                  1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                  1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                  1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                    Sounds like you are missing a bushing of some sort, pics?
                    Yeah i gotta go out and get some batteries for the camera I'll be adding them tommorrow. So you know those busshing that go at the top with the spacer in them. I think it may be that also.
                    IridiumCore
                    HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Pic

My finger is pointing to the part that i broke and no one seem to sell. So I replaced the bushing in the top hat and that stopped the rattling for now. but the part i'm pointing to, on the passenger side has the lip around it broken off. I'm going to look for a set a aluminum ones like the ones that come with the S2 coilovers.
                      IridiumCore
                      HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Working...
                      X