Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

straight exaust or fell exaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

straight exaust or fell exaust

Is there any pros to runnin a straight exaust with no o2 or cats or res on it if I do decide to run a straight what's a good exaust size for a h22 with headers and intake plus a few extras down the road. Or shoud I fork out the extra bucks and do a full exaust all opions will be taken to thought thank you and god bless

when i bought my first cb7,i'v been using a custom 2.25 straight piping on my f22a6 motor.its a 4-1 header so o2 sensor is on the header and yes you need to run the o2 sensor.your motor depends on it,in order for it to stay alive.lol.. i'v been told before,it'll make your ride sound raspy and loud at high rpm,its best you stay on the safe side too when it comes to loud mufflers.i recommend using a full exhaust piping,i have a greddy exhaust piping just sitting in the garage waiting to be installed and cant wait to hear how it sounds.

Comment

Thanks man I have an o2 at the bottom of my header. I don't really mind a raspy sound its kinda like a sleeper you know. But I have a full greddy right know, and it was awsome for like a year but bein slammed it gets a lil tore up but I know you will love your new exaust. But what size do you think I should run and thanks for the input bro

Comment

2.25 is the way to go..check out page 8,i hope thats wat your looking for.

Comment

Ya it is thanks bro

Comment

Just make sure you get rid of that cat. Fuck it. Although I know nothing about the high flow/race converters. It would be nice to be legal without sacrificing how my exhaust flows

.peace.

Comment

The cat offers very little restriction. There is no need to remove it, and most "high flow" converters offer no additional performance.

Removing the catalytic converter will make your car sound absolutely terrible, it will make your car smell terrible, and it will make your car ILLEGAL.

This thread is filled with lousy information. I'd offer more assistance if I could figure out what the hell the original question was saying...
              You need an o2 sensor. You need a cat. The best exhaust size for a mild H22 is 2.5".

lilchase, if you continue to give bad advice on this forum, you will no longer be a member here. We don't need kids removing important components from their cars becuase you don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

Use 2.25 in from header back, no cats, and a muffler of your choice, i got HKS and it sound awesome on my H22

Comment

Originally posted by 92cb7h22a View Post
                  Use 2.25 in from header back, no cats, and a muffler of your choice, i got HKS and it sound awesome on my H22
                  You are an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    You are an idiot.
                    I am gone for a week and this is the stupidity I come back too?(refering to the "answers" in this thread, not yours) WTF Deev?!?!

EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ AND BE EDUCATED BEFORE YOU POST

For the idiots too lazy to read the whole article:
                    We have actually tested cat and catless on non-turbo cars as well. If you use a well designed cat there is very little power to be gained by not having a cat. The cat is a place where abrupt angles make a huge difference. Since inside the cat you are making drastic changes going from the diameter of the pipe, into a large diameter area inside the cat, and back to the diameter of the pipe having abrupt angles can really slow things down. This is as true for turbo as it is for non-turbo cars. You also want the gasses spreading out to flow across the complete area of the catalyst bricks of the cat. If the gasses are too concentrated on one part of the cat you will not be able to flow to the full potential of the catalyst bricks. That is why you see the gentle angle at the beginning of the "good" cat rather than at the end of the less optimal "better" cat.
                    Call me Travis.
                    2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                    1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                    1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                    1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

runnin with no o2 might cause some problems witht he overall running of the car the ecu might get confused and run in limp mode for a bit but you should definitely get a 2.5 inch exhaust
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter
                      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Without an o2 sensor, the ECU will run in closed loop mode at all times.
                        The exhaust should be 2.5" for a near-stock H22A. 2.25" will work, but it will choke it up top (where the H22 makes its power.)
                        A catalytic converter (only one on our cars... telling someone to remove their "cats" just shows how truly ignorant you are) is not that much of a restriction, and it is a necessary emissions component.

Comment

I'm gonna run a cat I'm just gonna put the temp pipe there cuz I can't afford a good test pipe and the previous owner has two o2 on the car. But thanks for the great points
                          God bless all of you

Comment

I believe my 93 had 2 O2 sensore as well.... Well I think it did(up stream-down stream). One was on the header and the other was near the cat. NEVER REMOVE YOUR CAT!!!!

1.) Sounds like crap!!!
                            2.) It is required for an inspection!!!
                            3.) It does not increase horespower by much if any!!!

To all ppl agreeing that the cat should be removed.... Are you trying to give the OP bad advice on purpose?

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                            PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

No CB7 has 2 o2 sensors. If your car has 2, then someone bought a header with 2 o2 bungs (so it could be used on an F22A1 or F22A6) and put a sensor in each of them. Only ONE is hooked up.

jdmcb7lsd, I'm glad you have more sense than most of the people giving you advice here!

Comment

Working...
                              X