Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What Lip Sounds Best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Lip Sounds Best?

Hey I've been looking at a couple of lips for a VIP CB7 and I noticed a HC Style Front lip and Mugen front lip. I'm thinkin about going with the HC lip, but I want to knw u guys think so, wat do u think? HC or Mugen??
    Last edited by Dom's92CB7; 01-25-2012, 02:08 PM.

Originally posted by Dom's92CB7 View Post
    Hey I've been looking at a couple of lips for a VIP CB7 and I noticed a HC Style Front lip and Mugen front lip from absdynamics.com. I'm thinkin about going with the HC lip, but I want someone's opinion so, wat do u think? HC or Mugen???
    Whichever one YOU want to put on YOUR car. And I can almost guarantee this thread gets locked/deleted.....just saying
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      Whichever one YOU want to put on YOUR car. And I can almost guarantee this thread gets locked/deleted.....just saying
      x 2!

Man, it's your car!

Comment

Here's the Mugen on my Wagon. If you scrape alot, and have places were you have to go up/down an incline, go with a urethane lip (not like I'd know anything about that ) I've ran mine over twice and ripped it of another time after that. I have one crack and that's it from all of those incidents.

'93 LX Wagon (On the back burner)
        '92 EX Wagon (Traded)
        '93 EX Wagon (Current DD)

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
          Why can't this guy ask for a second opinion? Its HIS decision but if other people like it and it is widely used he can A) choose the more popular lip and say that the forum helped him in his quest for a new lip or B) he can go out disagree with you and buy a different lip that truly makes him happy. But why get on his case and just tell him which lip you like better...not that hard

Comment

Lips don't sound like anything. They're lips.

You do what you like. If you don't know what you like, we sure as hell don't.
            Asking for opinions in this manner is also against the rules, as it promotes post-whoring. We don't need a bunch of noobies floating around the big boy section that only got through here by telling people which lips and wheels they should put on their cars.

Comment

Unlocked because this is in the OT section... either thanks to a kindhearted moderator, or the OP had enough sense to put it here instead of the Appearance section. Carry on.

Comment

turboHLS30 I take it u must went through a lot of lips then? hahaha jkjk

Comment

IMO, I think the Mugan one looks more like a skirt, kinda angled out, i like it more than stock. I love the look of the legend lips, bit haven't came across one yet.

Comment

I think mugen looks better, and if it matters at all it's more of a known name
                    1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                    For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

I think the best SOUNDING lip has gotta be one of the cheap replicas like a spoon or mugen STYLE one made out of ABS plastic, when you hit those things on something they sure sound good when they shatter

8 Accords so far:
                      '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                      '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                      (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Neither IMHO, I had the Volvo 740 lip. loved it because it seemed to flow with the car's lines better. Also tougher, because it's the thicker/flexible plastic, not ABS. Just my .02.

If you're curious as to what it looks like, check out my MRT, have a ton of pics in there.
                        '92 h22 CBMRT-->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158641

UNICORNS=donkeys with plungers stuck to their faces...

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
                          I think mugen looks better, and if it matters at all it's more of a known name
                          Mugen doesn't actually make any parts for our cars... and as far as I know, never did.

Comment

This is a lot of great suggestions. Thank u all for put ur suggestions on here. This gives me a lot to think about.

Comment

Since it's a purely aesthetic mod, the only opinion that really matters is yours... do what you want with your car. That's the fun of it! Nobody wants a car that was built strictly out of the opinions of faceless people on the internet...

Comment

Working...
                              X