X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD5Tuner.com Temporary Hangout?

When did this become a thing?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=149

That was back in 2010 when there was a server issue or they were having problems with the software on the CD5tuner.com forum. I can't recall the exact reason. but it was a temporary area on CB7tuner were CD5tuner.com guys could post while they were sorting out the issues.

The front page is really all that is left of CD5Tuner, http://www.cd5tuner.com/

CD5Tuner never really took off like the CB7Tuner site. Deevergoat would be able to shed more light onto what happened though.
    Last edited by GhostAccord; 01-24-2017, 11:48 PM.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Is officially extending this place to fifth-gens (and possibly first-gen Odys) open for renewed discussion, or no?
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-25-2017, 12:27 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Wow, the front page works again!

I think I'll probably reactivate the old CD5tuner section. I may even see if I can get into that front page and direct the links to the various sub-sections here. I don't know if it's worth it to try to re-start CD5tuner.com as an independent forum, but it might be worth expanding this site to include CD5tuner. I'll discuss it with Pandemic, to make sure it won't cause any stability issues. If it'll work, then I'll see what can be done.

Plus, if I bring CD traffic here, it'll help bolster our activity, which will help keep the lights on! Right now, all of our ad revenue goes straight to Pandemic to go toward the hosting costs. I don't know the actual figures, but I have a feeling Matt has been doing me a HUGE favor for quite a long time.

I'm still active on the CD5tuner Facebook group, and that group is actually quite mature and helpful. It would be nice to direct (or redirect) them back to a forum environment!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Wow, the front page works again!

I think I'll probably reactivate the old CD5tuner section. I may even see if I can get into that front page and direct the links to the various sub-sections here. I don't know if it's worth it to try to re-start CD5tuner.com as an independent forum, but it might be worth expanding this site to include CD5tuner. I'll discuss it with Pandemic, to make sure it won't cause any stability issues. If it'll work, then I'll see what can be done.

Plus, if I bring CD traffic here, it'll help bolster our activity, which will help keep the lights on! Right now, all of our ad revenue goes straight to Pandemic to go toward the hosting costs. I don't know the actual figures, but I have a feeling Matt has been doing me a HUGE favor for quite a long time.

I'm still active on the CD5tuner Facebook group, and that group is actually quite mature and helpful. It would be nice to direct (or redirect) them back to a forum environment!
          Its a good idea, back in 2012-14 when i attended the local cb meets there were some cd that would attend, even out to the Austin one. I own both a 97 accord Ex and my 90 Lx.
          [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I initially started CD5tuner.com to draw CD owners AWAY from CB7tuner. We're not concerned with overpopulation anymore, though. And the CD crowd seems to be full of good people.

Comment

I initially started CD5tuner.com to draw CD owners AWAY from CB7tuner. We're not concerned with overpopulation anymore, though. And the CD crowd seems to be full of good people.
              At one point i thought of trying to get some of the local DSM people to attend the CB meets in houston, i know they are not cb or hondas for that matter but in my head it would of allowed some folks to source DSM parts for their builds; i brought it up to a few folks and it was a no go. I know it may not be pertaining to the original topic Deev but like we mentioned in our chat last time, it would help keep the platform alive. Plus those Sir Wagons are damn hot.
              [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

I initially started CD5tuner.com to draw CD owners AWAY from CB7tuner.
                I wondered why that was. Were you just trying to keep the information from leaning too heavily towards one chassis, leaving the other ignored? I wouldn't have thought "overpopulation" would have been a bad thing, unless you were trying to avoid the moderator workload.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

It ended up being a lot of off-topic stuff in the technical sections. Engine swaps, F22B1/F22B2 specific questions, wiring questions, OBD2 questions... it was causing confusion. The cars are similar, but there are some significant differences between them that become more noticeable when modifying. There was clearly a vacuum in regards to a quality CD chassis site, so I created one to fill the void. Gen5Alive.com was the only 5th gen specific site at the time, and the owner was running it into the ground.

Comment

Lol I remember the Gen5 days......went down in flames, especially after people got scammed by him.

There is also HondaSociety, which while it wasn't a 5th Gen specific site, 95% of the members were 5th Gen guys and that's pretty much what it became known to be. That's how I first got into the 5th Gen world and ended up meeting some of my closest friends now.

Comment

Yeah, HondaSociety pretty much filled the void, it seems. It appears that it was done well, so I'm cool with that. I knew Gen5 was garbage, and it actually became my mission to make something significantly better (which, for the most part, I didn't have to do anything... the CD5tuner crowd was pretty self-governed.)
                      Forums are important. They provide social connections along with archived information. I truly regret losing all the information on CD5tuner, as we were amassing quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X