Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

hondata compatibly with MAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hondata compatibly with MAC

recently my tune seems to be having some issues. idle is 3k plus. i wanna hook up and see what the peramiters are at. i no longer have a PC though. i wanna use my mac air. i know there are downloads available for purchase like VMware to let me open a window(app) and let my mac read like a pc. but before i spend that money i was curious if anyone has done this with hondata and its compatibility.

As far as I can tell, Hondata only supports Windows systems. You'll have to run a virtual machine (there must be free ways of doing it... either freeware or pirated software... if you don't want to pay.)
    Another option is to buy a cheap Windows machine, or borrow one from a friend or family member. By this point, someone MUST have an old Windows XP machine collecting dust.

Comment

Your Mac air should have Boot Camp. This allows you to partition your hard drive and install Windows on one of the partitions. You do have to buy Windows software and install it on the partition. I bought a copy of Windows 7 for $20 (partition needs at least 32GB of space). You switch between OSX and Windows by restarting and holding down the option/alt key.

Or, you can buy a Windows tablet with a USB port and simply install Hondata on the tablet. This is what I did for my Hondata v3. Found a tablet for $80 that had Windows 8.1 and a full size USB port - WinBook TW700 Tablet. Works fine, although it can be a bit difficult to switch between the tables in Hondata.

Just don't buy it through Amazon. They are reselling it for $120. It is much cheaper if you buy it directly from the manufacturer:
      http://www.microcenter.com/search/se...920+4294921096

Comment

you dont need to pay for vmware, use VMware fusion for a mac. Even if you have to pay for it, they give trails so you could use it for probably 30 days.

hondata also has a phone app but im not sure as to how helpful it is(if you have the Bluetooth version

Comment

The Hondata phone app is just for monitoring - you can't change calibrations.

Comment

I used boot camp for flash pro on my 07 si. Worked just fine. My buddy found it online for "free."

Comment

On the more recent Mac operating systems, bootcamp is part of the operating system. Just have to go online for instructions on how to set it up and use it.

Comment

i do remember reading about being able to run windows off my mac with bootcamp. I'm going to look into that, but my only issue is, my system says it only has 2gb of memory. hmmmm
                maybe a tablet is the way to go

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
                  recently my tune seems to be having some issues. idle is 3k plus. i wanna hook up and see what the peramiters are at. i no longer have a PC though. i wanna use my mac air. i know there are downloads available for purchase like VMware to let me open a window(app) and let my mac read like a pc. but before i spend that money i was curious if anyone has done this with hondata and its compatibility.
                  Who tuned your car?

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
                    i do remember reading about being able to run windows off my mac with bootcamp. I'm going to look into that, but my only issue is, my system says it only has 2gb of memory. hmmmm
                    maybe a tablet is the way to go
                    You need 32 GB of space on your hard drive, not in your computer's memory.

Comment

Working...
                    X